Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

The only grain bags I have screwed up are from obvious errors on my part.

2 Likes

Melmac APE: “so THAT’S where I left my choad”

12 Likes

@ColeLennon
Unless you already have one-
Look round for a good PC that can go to 15psi
By the time you’ve ordered a few sterilized grain bags you could have paid for a cooker and enable yourself to cook endless amounts of grain (and agar and LC and of course food )for next to nothing…just a idea.

3 Likes

I don’t really grow them enough to worry about it. Small tubs a few months in the winter. Keeps me in micro and macro doses. Appreciate it though. :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :100: :peace_symbol:

1 Like

Start growing some oysters if you got a little space -doesnt take much and the real bonus is the straw,bits of grain & mycelium you can recycle into some killer compost

2 Likes

If I ever start growing some oyster or lions mane. Something gourmet. I definitely need to up my game and do my own bags. I have been adding my mycelium tubs to my outdoor 30 gallon pots of coco/peat/perlite to reuse for this years outdoor.

3 Likes

Ive been trying to find melmac since I lost mine(forgot to swab) but an albino melmac wow or is that just a regular ape?

1 Like

19 Likes

Nice a shroom on a shroom.

6 Likes

That’s just wild.

4 Likes

After I ate it…kept mumbling ‘Who runs Bartertown…Masterblaster!’.

4 Likes

I like it! A buddy of mine had some that grew upside down lol. Cap on the substrate and stem in the air. Havent seen one likes yours yet though!

Also, @420noob I messaged one of my friends that just ran some melmac last month. Waiting on a reply from her to see if she made any prints/swabs or if she has any currently growing she could print or swab. As soon as I hear, I’ll let you know

3 Likes

Albino Melmac. You can check it out on inncoulatetheworld.com or if you want I could try shipping an agar dish once I get some together. That’s actually a general call especially if anyone has indica beans to trade :mushroom::grinning:

3 Likes

This is bananas

1 Like

Best way for melmac since they don’t drop spores is to swab them with a sterilized swab or qtip and wrapping in foil(it comes food sterile but some people put in oven 160° for 20 min). Thanks @Illicitmango she would have to swab the fruit melmac like pe don’t “drop” spores but do make some that stay in the gills. They arent a nature made mushroom so reproduction is part of their evolution.

1 Like

Been away from this for a couple months, at it again.
7qt jars of millet in the PC, a few for some cubes, and also going to grow some lions mane, oysters, turkey tail, and maybe shiitake.

12 Likes

Turkey tail grows on millet I thought that was a woodlover? Right on man been wanting to try lionsmane myself. Done cubes, nats, pans no edibles though. Interested to watch.

3 Likes

Cool can’t wait.

I always found the idea of growing mushrooms really cool,but i’m nervous i’ll fuck everything up…the being “extra clean” about everything makes me wary, I’m used to soil!

5 Likes

I am a messy person and not very hygienic either, but if you just slow yourself down and think about what you are doing it’s not as bad as you think. I just have a procedure list and follow that so I don’t forget to wipe and sterilize something.

The main thing is getting a pressure cooker and still air box made up, and your pretty much there.

7 Likes