Musicians and music producers on Overgrow 🎶

Ive been trying to make music on fruity loops demo before buying the full version. Anyone else ever make any music?

9 Likes

No, but please share what you put together. I enjoy hearing different styles of music. I am sure you are inventive and passionate.

3 Likes

I shall share it forsure! Im into funky jazz type of EDM like griz. Forsure mine wont be as good as his for a bitXD

3 Likes

I play bass guitar when I’ve got the time…

Really like some funky / rock / soul stuff :smiley:

I wish I could play keyboards… nowadays it is most useful ability for producing.

5 Likes

yes i’m teaching myself keyboard to improve my guitar ability (learning notation and reading rhythym/time signatures) - my head is full of awesome melodies that i just can’t get out :smiley:

5 Likes

I play guitar, bass, banjo, ukulele, and some key board… I also mess around with fruity loops and cubase. My pc crashed recently so I haven’t been able to do much. But its a lot of fun. Need to get that fixed I guess lol.

3 Likes

Everyone is free to send me samples! Funky beats from overgrow sounds like a lot of fun to play with!

1 Like

been messing with f.l. for more than half a decade, definitely worth buying the full version… especially since if you do they update you to the newest version for free every time it comes out. once you get used to where all the controls are and what everything does it’s less thought and way more fun… learning the keyboard shortcuts will help you a lot too btw!

2 Likes

Ive been messing with it and watching videos im totaly gonna buy it. Want the basic one to get started but i feel id need the step up later and i dont wanna pay for bothXD maybe upgrades are cheaper?

2 Likes

@lotus710 awesome! you are about to be stuck on that thing for hours on end lol! the basic fruity edition has a bunch of good stuff in there but if you wanna record or mess with automation clips it’d probably be more worthwhile to take the plunge on producer edition upfront… theres a program called Edison that might be only for producer edition that you can do some really cool audio manipulation with. I see you like EDM music too and there are a bunch of VSTs that have sounds you’d probably like in that case such as toxic biohazard, sytrus, morphine, poizone, harmless/harmor and so on…but the VSTs can be bought from their site one at a time regardless so the recording thing is the biggest make or break with that

2 Likes

Thats exactly what i was thinkin. Im going for the second cheapestXD gonna get it on payday and just use the demo for now! already been stuck for hoursXD

lmfao i believe it! that program is time purgatory like 24 hour walmart :joy: good thinking though man, hope you continue having fun with it! when you make something cool that you like make sure to export it and render it to mp3 so you don’t lose it cause it figures the damn demo doesn’t let you save projects on there lol

actually itll let me save it just not re open it untill i pay for itXD hhahahaha

3 Likes

wow now that is some funny shit… gotta love it! lmfao

1 Like

I do produce music since early 90s, had a 10 years hiatus and restarted in 2010… I do mostly electronic old style ambient house, detroit tecno, deephouse…
Working mostly otb, analog as of now, after a few years itb.
Last tune been published by Bottom Line Records…
Ds

3 Likes

I’m always fascinated by this Ablaton video:

Making of “The Prodigy - Smack My Bitch Up” in Ableton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU5Dn-WaElI

3 Likes

Fruity loops is super easy to use and fun… You can go for hours testing and experimenting with sounds…

Here is what i like!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltjQJz2uz2E

5 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdcEJFHId1I

3 Likes

@lotus710

You are talking about my favorite thing, but, I might be a little old fashioned for some.

Got to perform at Boston Symphony Hall not too long ago.

20 Likes

@DrGreenFang I know this is right up your alley.

2 Likes