Producer's Place of Phasers, Pioneers & Po'g'ers

Hey there OG, I invite you to share music that you have made, lets talk about producing, lets share ideas and Plugin chains, Lets collaborate with each other , let this topic be a place where the Love of Creating, listening, and producing music is on display !!!

I hope too see this topic become en-grained in OG culture, although if only one artist shares a song, Then this topic accomplished its goal.

I’ve talked to a few of you guys whom also produce music, I hope to see you guys here <3 ( I would tag you guys but I’m bad with memory.)

So without further ado …that is the right saying right? … I present to you Og’ers :

THE PRODUCER TOPIC… The place of phasers, pioneers and Po’g’ers ( Producer Overgrower ).

1 Like

A little background in my music making experience : I got into studio one 4 around 2017ish If I had to guess, Studio one 5 dropped in 2020 and I got into that as well and mainly just worked on some remixes.

My typical workflow in studio one looked like me plugging my midi into the pc, launching studio one 5, opening Decent Sampler , loading the Claustrophobic piano from this website here Pianobook and tossing hella reverb on it and just hitting keys till it sounded good. :smiley: ( very descriptive I know ;-; )

Heres a little sidestory. Apparently the creator of this fabled Piano I enjoy and love Was the Ceo of Spitfire labs. As of 2023, he has resigned as ceo, and I cant find ANY of his work on the Pianobook website.

Good news though is I still have this beautiful piano. If you are curious about this piano go here : Claustorphobic Piano , its a link too the sample library itself. If the link is broken please let me know, I ran out of dropbox space, dunno how long this link will work, IF at all

After downloading decent sampler you’d drop it into your sample library folder via this path : C:\Users\YourPCNameHere\AppData\Roaming\Decidedly\DecentSampler\Sample Libraries

During my studio one adventures I ran into an awe inspiring youtube channel : Emily Hopkins I was blown away by her music , and eventually joined her discord and participated in two remix contests where she provided a clean harp stem to work with. The first contest I somehow got 2nd place for the round my song was in ( only first place moved forward haha ) I do still have that track but I haven’t uploaded it anywhere so I cannot share.

The second track was the game changer for me. I Recently purchased a Novation Launckey 69 midi controller at the time , and man did that make a difference. Studio one has a piano roll you can draw notes in but I never was good at that… until I tried FL Studio 5 that is.

The process for making the track didnt change, I was still going to use pianos and synths with ultra reverb 9000 on them and hella delay :stuck_out_tongue: But being able too play phyiscal keynotes and record that into a daw. game changer lol.

I spent around a month remixing it , and about a week to finish the video . The video was made with Kaiber AI using the free tier, and making multiple new accounts to create enough video for the length of the track.

Kaiber was first debuted on this Special song here : Lost- Linkin Park

Linkin Parks video looks so damn good because they fed the AI real footage from some linkin park shows and music videos : Shot by Shot Comparison for Lost

ANYWHO sorry I got distracted , This is the track I created for the second remix contest, I called it Light of Suki , The End of Ends. Suki was a vocalist whom I asked for help with on my track, but she just didnt have the time to help. The end of ends is for you to decide because I dont remember what it meant .
Light Of Suki

After this , I entered my FL studio era. This daw is badass I fricking love it LOL.
It instantly eliminated two of my weaknesses : automation, and drawing notes.
The Piano Roll in Fl studio is infinitely better than Studio ones, It allows me too draw whole chords, it allows me to randomize my notes, or how about arpeggiate them… The piano roll alone was worth the switch…
But then theirs automation. Where its as simple as clicking record ‘’ notes and automation ‘’ and then, whatever parameter you mess with, any parameter, will be automated.

Honestly, This is such a long reply already, I am tired of typing LOL, so I will shorten the FL studio story a bit. Basically, its badass and allows me to create music faster, better, and with less CPU resources taken up.

These are the two tracks I felt comfortable posting on YT, both were created within the last two months. Maybe a day or two work each? Memory is fleeting. Arp-Nauticta & Requiem

This is my story, one that I am still writing, I also sing and practice metal vocals but alas up until this very moment , 4:40am 3/1/2024… I didnt have a microphone. I just rememebred I have a microphone my sister left behind sitting RIGHT BEHIND ME, All I have to do is get it plugged in and slap a pop filter on it :eyes:

1 Like

Andrew Huang and more so Rob Scallon had a rather big impact on my want too create music, love these dudes.

1 Like