Anybody here produce music?

For years I used to love making music. Never very well. And I’m just about getting back into it. After featuring on a mates podcast last week I think it’s time to get back onto it.

So

What DAWs are you guys using?
What midi equipment?
Best budget condenser microphones?

Just shoot the breeze and more than welcome to post any links of your work up.

9 Likes

What genre of music are you producing? :slightly_smiling_face::v:t3:

1 Like

I like to make sort of moody 2 step. Using samples of vocals from the like of the supremes etc. Its not good at all but I enjoy it.

4 Likes

Sounds interesting…
Would it be possible to listen to a couple of your samples?

1 Like

You can certainly have a link to one. It’s all I’ve really uploaded. Other than some rap/mc stuff in like 2012 mate. I’m gonna be building my equipment back up starting with a laptop but have to wait like 10days for that. Do you produce or play any instruments etc?

4 Likes

I play the drums (rock/metal) but that’s about it regarding production on my end. :expressionless:
I happened to live for 3 years ('11-'14) in Goa (India) and did meet quite a lot of artists who produce electronic music, many from Europe. Mostly psychedelic trance, minimal, dubstep, chillout are some of the generes of music I like listening to.

The track you uploaded sounds good. Chillout music while working with the plants…:v:t3::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Rock/metal is cool. My daily listens are more indie kinda vibes than garage. The likes of catfish and the bottle bottlemen. Arctic monkeys. Paolo nutini and I’d say my favourite artist Sam fender. But I will listen to almost anything if the mood is right. My musical prowess Instrument wise is limited to the tin whistle :joy:

Goa looks absolutely beautiful but it’s not somewhere I’ve been. I’m what you would call European. But to most folks I’m just an Englishman.

And bless I appreciate the kind words. I know it isn’t great but IMO it’s a good blend of old soul and new style garage music.

2 Likes

I used to be on rollitup bro. But not for a while. I did sign up again but haven’t even clicked the confirmation email to read or post there. You may have seen some of my work on here though. Under this name and under colanoscopy (although the latter is now anonymised the work is still there If you look)
My profile pic here is my dog hank. 3 year old GSD x Belgian malinois we rescued from a Romanian guy in cambridge a few months back. Brilliant dog :100: just needed the right owner and training.

4 Likes

I play guitar and drums, used to be in a band.
But as for producing, I have no experience.

Colan? He was the dude with the owls. I only remember that because I talked to him a while back about loving owls.

2 Likes

Its people like you and iceman that make it worthwhile to go into production. I’ve got a face for radio anyway. Better in the background :100: plus I have smashed to pieces hands lol. Cant finger the mrs well let alone a guitar :joy:

Yeah same dude right here bro. I was the man with the owls.

3 Likes

I’m a producer and audio engineer. I bounce between pro tools, logic, and FL studio

4 Likes

I use Ableton live and I have a launchkey 49 which interfaces with it. I can use that but usually just do it manually on PC.

6 Likes

Seems to work the best for me lol

1 Like

What kinda stuff do you produce? I’ve always been a fan of FL studio myself. If I’ve been recording stuff I used to bounce between acoustica mixcraft and FL studio.

I’ve never managed to get on well with ableton. But I’ve used a launch key and launch pad before now.

I’m seriously toying with the idea of getting the FL studio fire. Back when I was recording vocals I used to use either a behringer or Samson USB condenser but I’m sure the market has got a bit better since then. I’m still not able to justify going buying rode equipment just yet.

1 Like

Oh nice lol! How you been man!

1 Like

I mainly produce trap and r&b

1 Like

That’s funny I was just about to say my home studio mic is a rode

3 Likes

Ups and downs like any other time in life bro. But getting by. How you been? Just a dog now no Raptors but I’m cool with that :joy:

If I go quiet it’s because my trust level is still noob levels and they have to keep me limited to a few posts a day btw. I’ll reply as soon as I can if that’s the case.

2 Likes

Alright fancy pants :joy: maybe after a decent crop I’ll stick the £££ down for a rode lol.

Any links to your work? Would love a listen :100:

1 Like

That’s a vibe bro. I was literally making up bars on the spot to that.

“So bank, I’m out on road gonna chat about rodes when we know that I ain’t got no bank. Don’t roll with no shank. And the gloves ain’t there for a strap. They are there cos a man is out here just to grow dank”

2 Likes