My Best Butter Tek

@5stonedgnomes check this out… we supply the bud… she will bake em for us

1 Like

Today’s butter adventure

Chocolate oatmeal cookies at 30 milligrams THC per cookie. One is enough :slight_smile:

Have a lovely day!

5 Likes

Ok. Went a little crazy today. Ate the above cookies and somehow did this:

Canna Cranberry chocolate oat bars

I promise I will stop baking. For at least 3 days.

2 Likes

Had to try this…

Mini m&m brownies are into the oven

9 Likes

Awesome! Is the ziplock just extra insurance?

They look very tasty. The butter is the perfect colour. How did they work for you?

3 Likes

Yes extra insurance. My vacuum sealer almost got thrown across the room for being a dick… so I didnt trust it lol. Havnt tried yet, it was going on 10 pm and didnt want to waste one by going to bed before it fully kicked in

4 Likes

Just tried my first one. I cut the 9x9 into 16 squares. I had 5 grams of bud and 1-2 popcorn. I’m not experienced enough with edibles to know if I should eat a 2nd lol. If nothing in 20 more minutes I may eat another. Not overly green flavoured, I definetly prefer it to the dirty ones i made in highschool

*****Started feeling it just before the hour mark. So I ate another half. Seemed like a good idea

3 Likes

The hour to hour and a half mark is usually when I know just how strong they are :slight_smile:

Was the second one a good or bad idea?

1 Like

Seemed to be a good idea. Was a nice mellow stone until bed time

3 Likes

Doubling up is risky but I often do it anyway. Especially after I’ve done a single tester as an experiment.

Glad it worked out for you.

2 Likes

very cool, how did you separate the butter from the flower when you were finished? The old school hippie method is to pour it all in to a pan that has a few cups of water and put it in the refrigerator overnight and let it separate - the flower material will fall to the bottom and the butter will form a crust on top of the water - that way there is minimal loss of butter.

2 Likes

I use a straining bag/cheesecloth to remove the butter from the flower. Then I put the butter in the fridge. A little water comes out in the chilling time.

I have used the method you describe and the butter comes out a bit green.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply @Foreigner, I have used both methods myself also, and the butter does come out a bit greener using the method I described, but I find if I clarify it further then it lessens that greatly. I also use unsalted butter and add more butter in the recipe later. I find that does a better job of extracting the THC and goodness from the weed. Always use the best unsalted butter you can buy because cheap butter contains lots of water and chemicals. I like to clarify it because clarified butter won’t spoil as quickly and can be stored in sealed jars without refrigeration for about half a year or refrigerated for about a year. An added bonus is that due to the absence of milk solids, clarified butter is well tolerated by the lactose intolerant.

2 Likes