My Best Butter Tek

Hello all-

There are many ways to make edibles.

You can just crush up a bunch of flower into a brownie mix and bake but it tastes foul.

This way is better, cleaner, and tastes really good without any off or green flavors. This method is somewhere in between a double boiler and a sous vide.

Basically what I do is put butter and flower into a vacuum bag, double seal it, and drop it in boiling water for a half hour. Strain and then use.

Like all good butter recipes, the math is done backwards. My go to blondie recipe uses a half a cup of butter, so that’s what I need.

I used a 1/2 cup plus a few tablespoons to account for losses. Here is the end result

I used 4 grams for a 9 serving pan of brownies which works out to just shy of half a gram per serving. Your mileage may vary. This suits my taste.

Also, this method separates and sieves out the milk solids so this is actually more of a ghee or clarified butter. Note: white solids

Please enjoy. This has become my favorite way to make butter. Great results, zero work, high as balls.

Have a lovely day.

27 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Off to bed for me.

1 Like

How much green matter to a lb of butter?

1 Like

How long can it stay, before going bad or losing it’s effects? If I just make Canna butter to use at a later time?

1 Like

A pound of butter = 2 cups.

Assuming you want the same strength as mine you would need ~16g per pound or 4g per half cup.

4g per half cup works for me but you could go way higher or lower depending on your tastes.

3 Likes

It will last indefinitely in the freezer. I’ve used butter that is…3? months old. No loss of flavor or potency.

I just make it in small batches as needed but no reason not to scale up and store in the freezer.

3 Likes

Thanks. I can spear a few grams once I get to a harvest. I always wanted to try this. But I’m scared that I will mess up and ruin it.

Your instructions seem simple enoug my

1 Like

The most likely way to screw it up is to go above 350F.

Boiling water is 212F
Don’t bake higher than 325F no matter what your recipe says.

Nothing to worry about though :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks. Now this is the second recipe I want to try.

I’m going to do @ReikoX recipe as well.

Perfection this year!!

2 Likes

Baking complete

Blondie consumed at 2pm
A little tingly already

More updates to come.

9 Likes

Interesting easy way to make budder!!!

2 Likes

3pm.

It begins. A little spacey, a little distant, a little slow, a little tension in the back of my scalp.

Liftoff.

3 Likes

Instead of flower can trim be used? I made a tumbler but it doesn’t produce what I think it should. Could also be the one time I tried i used room temp stuff and didn’t grind it

1 Like

You could absolutely use trim. The question then becomes one of dose.

I would assume that trim has half the potency of bud so I would shoot for 1 gram per serving.

That’s a big assumption, but it’s where I would start.

2 Likes

The trim is just as trich covered as the bud lol I’ll start there and adjust accordingly

2 Likes

Well, I am very busy, and very lazy, when I get down time.

So this is a pot of gold to me :slight_smile:
Thanks for sharing Foreigner…

I may be cursing you later, depending on how high I get myself haha.

Kind Regards,

K.

1 Like

Does this need to be dry first? I’m assuming grind material place in vacuum bag but don’t vac all the way and seal then into a pot of boiling water and that’s it? I can make budder as easy as boil in bag rice? Yeah I’m all over this lol

1 Like

4pm
Brief but strong heavy body stone
Hot flashes
Peripheral vision fluctuation
Up but spacey and slow

Notes:
-this cannabis is sativa leaning hence the “up”
-edible highs are intense by their nature. This is intense but I would call it medium potency. I could function in public, for example. Still powerful.
-good medical dose. Eat 2 to trip balls.

1 Like

It is as easy as that.

I haven’t tried it wet. But variables are our enemy (how many grams wet equals how many grams dry equals how many doses?)

You could surely use wet material but you’d be in uncharted territory. Repeatability I think is important here.

I would wait for it to dry personally.

1 Like

I do vacuum seal as tight as possible. The bag will balloon a bit but it’s ok. I’ve had a single seal leak on me (not the end of the world) but I now always double seal.