My Bubble hash making tech

oh nuts! people are drying it on cardboard? I just put it on a piece of parchment paper after it undergoes some acceleration to drain the water. Then I put it on the edge of a plate so any water that didn’t get accelerated out during accretion will run away from the hash to the center of the plate.I flip it over every day to make sure it drys evenly. In the end if I am worried about the latest 36 gram patty drying out, I can purge it at 35C in the dehydrator. Be careful with the dehydrator and full melt hash. You can easily wind up with a puddle :slight_smile:

2 Likes

seems like the SBR is still at 10 grams! Estimate was off by a little…shit. Guess I dropped too many digits when I rounded off hah hah. Naw, it doesn’t have to be dead on. The hash I made still sucks ass, and nobody wants to rip that shit. I mean, I don’t want to rip that shit. It makes me angry. I’ll howl with laughter if the king tut hash nug is the same weight. That would be quite the coincidence.

You know that SBR is trash, send it to me and I’ll destroy it in a series of small fires for you. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

13 Likes

When its still in the bag on the mesh, I lay it down on an inverted bowl with paper towels on top.

This sucks 90% of the moisture out right away, change paper towels if you need to.

Then, lay the hash out on a sheet tray that has parchment on top of a towel. Then put another piece of parchment and another dishtowel on top and lightly press down.

After 30 mins like that, I take the top towel and parchment off and leave the sheet tray in front of a low fan. Hash is dry and ready to process by the next day.

Not ideal but it works.

Freeze driers are expensive but would be worth it if you’re making lots of hash, for me not so much.

1 Like

You can freeze dry it without an expensive machine, just spread it out in the freezer. I take small bits and freeze dry it for extra enjoyment. You can do a large quantity, but it takes quite a bit of room. If you want hints about freeze drying in the freezer look up doing it with food using a freezer.

heh heh that’s a decent offer, for sure! I am going to attempt to use it as a teaching tool for uhh buddy there about plants making garbage hash using the exact same tech. But… If you really like burning rubber as a flavour… Ol’ pops there he said it was terrible. And it makes me angry. No but really I get like…angry at the shittyness of it. All grainy and partially melting with the taste of burning rubber.
OOOO now that lump of king tut hash is the bomb! I could rip that shit allllllll day long. :heart:

1 Like

That’s the Achillies heel of my process, I rip the hash before it’s measured and throw off the measurements by a bit LOL

1 Like

See in this photo I have the two balls(kingtut) and the log(SBR). To the human eye they look like they should be the same… wrong! I will never smoke that gross SBR log, it’s fucking nasty!!! PENULTIMATE HASH!

1 Like

excellent, the king tut was 14 grams! And it dried a lighter color. I guess pressing the hash isn’t good for it’s color, I’ll be using accretion method from here on out. I used to dump it in chunks onto the parchment and then press it into a brick with my hand, using the paper. Now that I whip the bag around in a circle to accrete the hash into a blob, it turns out a lighter color. Probably due to thermodynamics or crushing the trichomes or something. Beats me. I’ll do that investigation later, or never, whichever comes first.

oh forgot to mention broscience is the male equivalent of old wives tales. LOL

for a man born almost 200 years ago - Carl is still the shit !

2 Likes

packed up my baby, crated until next time I need to see something special :wink:

Got some king tut photos first, though!

I think even at this level it looks better than the SBR - even though I used the same process, the SBR always comes out shitty :wink: LOL I’ll never tire of saying that.

4 Likes

ok I got the dried weight of the SBR at 73 grams…plus 10 for the hash so 83 grams in total. so 8.3 = 1 in dried form! Yikes that’s not even 50% of the yield from the big bud. Now, I have to roast off the last batch in my filtration machine, so I can do the depletion batches. I will start with the SBR by freezing materials and alcohol in the deep freeze.

woah @Gpaw asked a question back on may 22 that I had no idea about, but I think I might be getting closer to an answer. Hah hah isn’t that bizarre? I am going to crack open one of my accretion hash nuggets and see what it’s like inside and take a photo. I think it’s going to be different than before.

2 Likes

raaaaadical man!!

Looks like everything is a lighter color when no pressure is applied.
here’s a lightly pressed photo for comparison:

5 Likes

there’s only one test left to confirm the thesis on if pressing the hash darkens it up. I will make a hash batch then cut a chunk off and press it lightly like I used to. Then we’ll really see the difference. When I cut up the king tut hash into points for vaping, it’s pretty much white.

3 Likes

ok well I did this to show what the effect is of shaping the freeze dried hash into a ball.

so…what I am proposing is the darker ring around the edge of the hash is from compressing the trichomes so they are tightly packed as you can see the ball of hash is darker in it’s entirety when compared to the freezer hash before it’s squeezed by my fingers between the parchment. Probably not oxidation at all.

6 Likes

Ok first off I just read this all in one go and it was spellbinding! Dangerously so in fact, as I apparently hunched over my tablet in rapt wonder till my neck got all sore. Oh well I’ll just go medicate with my last batch of bubblehash even though it isn’t nearly as pretty or as plentiful as yours.

I really appreciate your approach to all of this, I have also been the one who pisses my hippie friends off by asking for annoyingly petty things like “evidence” when they tell me that pretty rocks are gonna cure all the cancer with their “energy”.

I’m also quite interested if you might elaborate a bit on this…

I will most readily admit that in this case I actually haven’t done my required research, but I have always felt that claims of THC% felt more like marketing hype than science. You see strains being touted as 25% THC and my first thought is 25% of what exactly? Total plant material? A tiny slice of bud? Define your terms!

I’ve had good friends, people I love and otherwise respect, stand in front of me pointing at their latest totally fire strain and tell me it’s a quarter pure THC. That just doesn’t make sense to me. If you put a 1% THC, CBD dominant strain next to a supposedly 30%+ strain they are not going to be so different that they look like a different species. But if were talking about a chemical change affecting 29% of the total mass of a plant than one would expect to see a remarkably different organism I would think.

Again, full disclosure, I have not actually looked up the process behind those numbers, I fully admit I could sound like a noob here. But this is the way I’ve heard lots of people talk about those numbers, and it always sounds crazy to me. I have literally avoided looking it up because I’ve always known if I did and it turned out to be as nonsensical as it seems it would just be another thing to piss my buddies off with. You know, like telling them their crystals aren’t actually magic and shit.

So anyhow, sorry to ramble on so much, your thread is awesome and I’m quite interested to hear your take on these numbers!

3 Likes

yah the post in question was a joke and a complaint:

1. I ingest/inhale/consume MEGA thc doses - so I’m shitting 20% THC :wink:
  2. thc percentage is a calculation based on the amount of thc acids, how much weight it’ll lose in decarb, and what percentage of the thc changes into deta 9 THC. Those aren’t some kind of hard numbers, so I bitched.
  3. real world data indicates their values cannot possibly be correct based on percentage by weight that I can extract from the plant material. still in evidence gathering phase <–falsification underway

I’m trying to explore any concepts in hash making that come up. That’s the winning formula that got me to where I am today.

6 Likes

Oh Good!

I was wondering when you two were going to meet…
I’m expecting good things from this!

Cheers
G

3 Likes