My Bubble hash making tech

yah you know, I was thinking about the hash productivity. You know there is no magic formula or magic power to magically produce more mystical THC goodness. The output is cut and dried by the DNA of the plant. That being said, if you are a really shitty grower, you could get a shit yield with shit buds, definitely costing you valuable product. I would say that growing shit buds is as difficult as growing buds that won’t burn or green tasting crap buds. I mean, Garbage In, Garbage Out. I could never quite put my finger on how people grow buds like that.

1 Like

now for the dried photos. I think it came out cleaner this time with less plant material! Unfortunately it still isn’t cuddly… I get a little surge of anger after I rip it and so I close each session with a great big bud rip that penetrates my noggin. The things that upset me are this: it doesn’t make me cough like I just inhaled an entire PRD(pre-rolled), the taste I can leave it on the curb. Unfortunately the rose flavor doesn’t translate well. As for the effect on my mind…MEH!

5 Likes

yo, that’s weird, it’s completely different from the first batch in terms of the color. Did squishing it with my hand in the parchment change the color?? I quit doing that and just use acceleration to accrete the lumps in the bag. sigh I guess that’s a falsifiable theory.

I would need to produce an additional 3x yield in oil from the sugar black rose to make it even comparable to the big bud. Don’t worry, that test is coming up, and I suspect it’s not going to unfold like that. Instead I predict an additional 30% aka 2-3 grams of oil from the bubble waste. Once I do that run and the meat breath, I should have enough data to show the % thc they toss around like some kind of authoritative data is just numbers on paper nothing real.

2 Likes

Been raining lately so I have some extra time on my hands! Growing all that food is time consuming but worth it. Got weed…Got food…what else do I need? :wink: Oh yah! Got freeze dried hash! Too bad it’s SBR hash, I’ll be really glad to see the end of it complains some more. It puffs up better as freeze dried hash it seems. No hard data there but I coughed more this time. Also… Could be contamination from better hash batches in the past ;). Ok For real I cleaned up the areas I need to do the final SBR experiment. I will do the bubble batch, then I will do a depletion batch. Then I will do a depletion batch on the big bud as well. Once I get the hard data, we’ll see what the score is.

11 Likes

wow I have this amazing video I made of hash dissolving in alcohol! It’s like outer space man!!! cap_MOV03354_00_01_13_01
:crazy_face:

8 Likes

ok I am starting another SBR, this is the Final Chapter. At last. I will do the standard mix then dry the waste! Final stage is the wash and distillation.

710 grams in so I should get 8 grams out. It’s a couple batches across a couple of harvests with the same shitty yield of hash. Even though, in the past I would do this test with only a single data point because I know… it never changes no matter how you grow em. Same buds in = Same yield out.

1 Like

paddy wack!

Looks like the estimate based on previous yield is accurate. Once it dries I’ll check the weight and see…
Canadian measuring instrument shown.

7 Likes

meat breath looks like it should yield between the king tut and big bud. It should score as good as the king tut(or better) in my estimation of the dried trichome photo.

What I have noticed is that the trichomes on the big bud don’t have a long ass stalk, they are shorter and more compact.

4 Likes

I measured the difference and the big bud trichomes are exactly one trichome head shorter than the meat breath. You think that makes the crap shine more?? Makes you think!

1 Like

I’ve got a series of photos here. I should have got a photo of the cotton fiber I contaminated the slide with as well ha hhah. I used my shirt with blue color to clean the slide - a no no! Can only use white. Otherwise you don’t have an f-ing clue what you are looking at. Red and Blue are out and so is green. Could probably use yellow heh heh! Those are some contamination microscopy tips.

here you are looking down the barrel of the scope, I usually don’t take a photo like that but I took a couple, just so people can get a wide-angle view of the sample.

I also adjusted the darkfield, so we’ll see if that makes a difference. If I change the angle the ghost image goes away. But the ghost isn’t real :wink:

3 Likes

now for some more conventional photos. You can see the classic sugar black rose trichome signature.

clusters of em, some are amber!

you can see standard amber ones in the mix as well.

5 Likes

there is just as much plant material but the hash is drying a lighter color. I guess it’s from not pressing the hash into a patty.Now instead I accrete the hash then plop it on the drying plate - no pressing. I’ll do the pressing test later - just going with the hypothesis for now. I can do that test any time.

Today I’m going to crank another batch out! I am clearing out the freezer for the next harvest which is going to be off the fucking hook. I got my choice of kingtut or bugbuds to make it from. Also! The SBR hash has dried down to 10 grams so far. It’ll probably reach 8 grams soon lol unless my estimate is off a bit, we’ll see.

ok I should be cranking out an 11 gram batch of king tut. I have saved all the big bud for the finale! I could rip down there and weigh it all to see what my final results should be… but I love a bit of mystery as well! I estimate 120 grams worth of big bud in the bottom there. Yum! Looks like life is grand!

nyarrrrrrrggggh! Well I cranked out a nugget of king tut.

stupid thing better be 11 grams, shit. It looks the same as the sugar black rose at this point. I think it’s bigger though! At least it’ll be great hash! not like the damned sugar black. I’ll be super stoked to make the big bud hash now… joy! Some real yields. You can see why I’m still on the hunt for a number two plant that can really pump. It would be something if I could find two or even three really good producers!

2 Likes

read some broscience said you get better yields from dried buds. Only in a mathematical sense…suckers. 23 to 1 wet and 4 to 1 dried. Yah I can see how you could come to that conclusion based on some kind of hilarious math trick.
Or someone telling you that you could expect so much percent to be hash yield. Total bullshit your yield has to be based on empirical values obtained by the bud itself. I’ll read some more info and see what other broscience I can find. I wonder what kind of study these ideas are based on?

3 Likes

I used a blender to make hash.

Yields were better than the power drill, I didn’t notice any drop in quality.

Got some plants to chop down, I’ll make more and post pics soon.

1 Like

Another strange claim I’ve seen is that mixing the hash at 0C or other cold temps improves the quality by making the chlorophyll not dissolve. total hogshit. Please. Just wash the green shit out, it’s water soluble after all. I did a mix at -6C the water was turning to slush as I mixed but it still was green as the hulk and also washed out just like always. I love it when the purple from the buds dissolves into the water, now we’re talking radical!

2 Likes