My Bubble hash making tech

which one do you have ?
I’m growing some 2020 Trainwreck Arcata Cut ATM.

1 Like

for freeze drying I actually just leave it in the bag let it dry overnight then toss it in the freezer. 24 hours later it’s dried out. PRocess will take longer with larger chunks of hash so it’s best to not have it chunked up. Probably work really good if you spread it out on parchment on a cookie sheet then put it in the freezer.

well it’s been over a week and I still see no change.

I trot this out of the cupboard where it’s hiding from heat and light. You think it could take months before something happens?

1 Like

It was from seed, also said it was from Arcata.

Tall, lots of spears, lots of small leaf. She never got really green stayed kinda yellow throughout the grow.

2 Likes

back in the day…or a couple years ago, whichever is first. My friend told me I should use the microscope and hash extraction method to breed a super-hash-producing strain. I told him there were infinite strains to test. But it is a really interesting idea.

1 Like

ok ok here’s how it would work in my mind. Oh anyone can steal this idea, in fact I encourage it.
So I get two strains in the same room that are super producers. You can see I’m working towards that goal and succeeding. Next I reverse them and gather their pollen then cross them with each other. Then I get the mutant seeds from those batches and start testing them. Keep working towards a plant that can produce more than the last. You think I am insane? Or is that a good idea?

4 Likes

heh heh sadly my friend there he was the big picture guy when he thought up that idea, but it took a few years for me to hatch the meat of the plan. Unfortunately he died a few years back of a brain thing. I’m sure if he were alive today, it would be the ultimate mad science to him.

1 Like

I really haven’t figured out how the growing medium winds up on the buds and in the hash. My hypothesis is indeed light breezes combined with dirt dust blowing around? It looks just like as if I take a bag and toss in a bit of potting soil and a bud then give it a shake. Then take the bud and look at it under the microscope. I did stupid shit like that except I used a box.

Shake ‘n Bake

1 Like

I made this

its rev 1.0, will be making adjustments and improvements as I use it, or until the motor burns out

result. 5 washes. you can see what I was saying, a 6th wash would have been waste of time.

1 Like

yah it’s not giving you as much in return anymore that’s for sure. Do you have a magnifying camera mode like my unit, to show particles of plant material?

I don’t think my camera does that

I’d have to buy a usb microscope or something

whats the product you’re using

I have an old sony dsc-t10 but I use the magnifying mode to spot small bits of plant material the human eye can’t see. You might be able to use a magnifying loup. My nuts photos are taken with the darkfield microscope.

3 Likes

I’m getting a new high performance 10MP amscope camera with reduction lens. This will make things going forward so much easier to count and focus. I will probably have to adjust my sampling method to match with the new digital optics. We shall see!

1 Like

ok this is a batch of meat breath I got almost 700 grams into it. Should get like 18 back or so 20 you know, abouts there.
I was thinking about my hash thesis as a theory it turns out to have ultimate predictive power. I’ll settle into a more hardline prediction method where I can probably estimate the number of grams based on the trichomes in the image. I’ll use the data as well as imaging to come up with a narrower focus. Once I can come up with a method that I can predict within a few grams what is coming out… then I’ll know the thesis is correct and the sampling method works.

3 Likes

did someone call for creamy hash nugget goodness?

yum!!! someone call the paramedics I’m having a hash attack!

9 Likes

Dude, you are killing me. That stuff looks amazing!

4 Likes

you know there was an interesting observation that goes like this: the buds, even the fluffy shit ones at the bottom of the plant, still yield gram for gram on the hash end of things. Every 23 grams of useless shit bud you would never smoke, still yields a gram of hash. Interesting eh?

9 Likes

i think its a density thing
the super dense tops dont have a whole lot of room inside the bud to grow good trichomes, but the outside is loaded down with them. the larf, being more spaced out, can grow good trichomes pretty much all throughout. i think the extra usable surface area makes up for the difference. i have absolutely nothing to back this up, but it makes sense to me

Joe great pictures, particularly the photos under the microscope.

2 Likes