My experience with AK Bean Brains Genetics

Ok so my sense of smell isn’t amazing but… in the grove bag I’m getting garlicky funk. It tastes like the best weed I smoked in 97-00, which I’m sure was NL1. Now the buds I put in the mason jar have developed into a deep Cherry smell. Maybe the 60% humidity packs i put in changed it?

The plants themselves smelled like gum early, then into strong tire rubber in late veg. So strong on a male in veg, taking it outside to trash stunk up the whole house :+1:

3/4 ended up males. Only (1) female → back-right.

13 Likes

Possibly, adding humidity definitely seems to change the smell. The cherry smelling ones have been one of the main phenotypes I’ve noticed. I’m guessing the cherry ones lean towards the Mazar.

2 Likes

Some of the last ak4way for a while. This one was intense limes, sage, and an earthy spicy aftertaste. I’ve only tasted in the best skunks and skunk crosses. This one was one of the most intense lime smells I’ve ever smelled in a bud. It’s not the like the lime taste of any other strain I’ve had(Sour Bubble, Key lime pie, etc), it’s more the deep sour and bitter part of the lime. I smoked this while drinking a Modelo with a lime in it and it would have been the perfect drink/joint pairing. I’d love to walk into a restaurant/bar and order a drink or meal that had a paired cannabis component. It had a similar high to most of the other plants. Relaxing and makes everything better.

11 Likes

Now I’m getting some grapefruit terps on the grove bag stored NL1.

3 Likes

Sweet! I only had one that sort of had a citrus thing happening. It might be a rare one like the turpentine pheno.

2 Likes

That 4way nug looks incredible btw & the cannabis pairing with meals/drinks is an excellent idea.

2 Likes

Thanks! I would love to walk in to a bar and order some Sour Diesel and a Lemoncello or maybe some kind of food pairing like Puck and a pizza.

2 Likes

The last of the Ak4way for a while. This is one of the grape gum phenos. This one smelled like if grape lime bubblegum were a flavor of soap that made you want to eat it.

16 Likes

A small hand pressed temple ball of Ak4way. Most of the phenos make nice hash that can be pressed with your hands fairly easily. A lot of them have the long stalk smaller head trait but they still make good hash.

14 Likes

Some Ak4way full melt dry sift. This was from the first time I was able to achieve this method after reading about it for so long. The remaining bits could be cleaned a little more with static but this dabbed nicely on a nail as is. Full melt dry sift is the best of all cannabis concentrates in my opinion.

17 Likes

That’s fantastic @DelDavis! I wish I had smell-o-vision, looking :ok_hand::fire:

3 Likes

Thanks! That last one is some of the best hash I’ve ever made.

2 Likes

Looks delish. I agree dry sift is also my favourite concentrate. Just like a concentrated form of the bud, no loss of water soluble smells/flavours.

What screens do you use? Do you use a balloon or something else for static?

3 Likes

Thanks! Yeah it’s way better than water hash IMO. The picture above is the gravity two screen tech. 60 and 90 mesh(250micron and around 160micron) stacked on top a quick scuff and gravity and the second screen does the work. The above picture wasn’t cleaned with static and melted nicely. Later I used the static method to further clean it after the 2 screen method with parchment/dvd and later a nitrile glove. The glove is best. I plan on doing a tutorial and experimenting with some different sizes when I have more material. The two screen tech is the fastest method that pretty much ensures you’ll get something that melts. The whole process only takes about 15min.

11 Likes

I.make dry sift using a 120 micron silk screen. It works pretty well but I could refine it further.

1 Like

Ak BB NL1- bout a week left on back 2 and maybe 2 weeks on front 2… they’re a week apart in flower… stinky old school NL1… Love it… the resin production is the most I’ve saw so far … thought this last round of shoreline x puck was king bud but this looks even more so… can’t wait to smoke it…

25 Likes

AK BB - chocolate thai… going into week 5 flowering… nice terpenes starting up… had 1 show a little Hermie… it’s the one in front…I got the plants a little too hot in the early stages with a new mix of Happy frog and ocean Forest blend. I had to flush it quite a bit to get the burn out. I’m thinking that’s why this one is a few balls on it. The others seem fine though… I pollinated all three so I’ll just keep the other two genetics… anyway the resin production on these leaves are looking as good as the Northern lights at this stage. This strain is a late 70s worked strain and is said to have no ceiling. Can’t wait to smoke this s*** either. LOL. I’ve got a few more of Dave’s strains to get. He’s got some old heirloom stuff worth checking out

21 Likes

I ended up with three females from those Consumption x Chocolate Thai seedlings. I kept two for myself and gave the third to a friend to grow out in her garden. She just put hers into flower a few weeks ago but I’m already trimming my harvest.

The first plant was more compact but grew 5 HUGE colas. I chopped her at Day 65. The yield was a hair over 10oz. The second plant was big and lanky. She stretched a lot, but grew beautiful, hard buds that spiraled along her branches. I’ve got another day or two of trimming to go and expect this one to weigh significantly more. Both are covered with trichomes, necessitating frequent changes of scissors. I definitely get a whiff of chocolate and maybe coffee, but that takes a back seat to the burnt garbage funk. I’ll reserve judgment until it has 30 days to cure…

27 Likes

Those NL1 Look good @moefugger ! My favorite have been the purple pheno’s for flavor. Curious what your thoughts are after a cure and smoke. Keep us posted!!!

5 Likes

Absolutely. I do notice 2 different terpenes in them… 3 are about the same with the old school pine and there’s 1 with more of a musky basement smell. Little bit of pine mixed in with it too.

5 Likes