My experience with AK Bean Brains Genetics

thanks. radicle reefer has me going on the one with the purple pheno now… lol… cant wait to hit this stuff… This NL1 is what Dave got in the mid-late 80s from seedbank of holland… nevilles line… came from daves breeder stock… completely big shout out to Dave for what he does and offers…very much appreciated…

5 Likes

I dont know if youve been able to get or try the shoreline x puck but they turned out real good… I use alcohol on my hands after rolling… super resinous… great taste and hits strong… flavor all the way down… great in the bong… hammer head high… The NL1 though has a bit more resin development than the shoreline did…

4 Likes

I got his nl1 and a few other things and he went some awesome freebies , seems like a great guy. I got the nl1 with intentions of crossing it to the bubba kush , og kush and a few other things but first I have to hunt out a good keeper Kandahar girl :grin:

5 Likes

Awesome thread DelDavis. Was there a specific reason why you didn’t f2 the ak4way and further explore the line that way instead of purchasing multiple packs? I’m currently working on F4ing his Golden Showers F3s for the same reason. 10 seeds just isn’t enough to get a feel for the cultivar.

4 Likes

Top pic and first two plants in the front are Tropolope x Romulan that I grew a while back. I need to reproduce these seeds, I believe I have about 9 left. No other cultivar I’ve smoked has worked so well for my depression.

21 Likes

shouldnt be hard to find a great pheno… That was my thought when I saw the trichome development… lotta resin on the fan leaves… im like wow… great freebies he offers too… I got the red leb as a freebie… his black dom as freebie as well… beatrix choice crossed with old dallas skunk I believe was one I got too… Dave said the black dom was the best hes ever worked with or smoked… If I remember right , he said its the same black dom as bob uses

5 Likes

This is a great thread, now I gotta check and see why I haven’t seen ak post on IG for some time.
I’ve admired both AKBB and Todd’s NL but have ran neither

4 Likes

Can you take a cut from a flowering plant this late in the game and go veg it properly? I have a couple days on 2 and less than a week on other 2…
also , can you harvest the buds and reveg the plant?

1 Like

Some AKBB Black Domina x Black Domina NWHP NL1. This one had a lot of thiols it was some of the most skunky varieties I’ve grown in a long time. Spicy scents similar to bubba with a hint of orange in there.

24 Likes

Looking amazing. AKBB NL1 is something I’ll probably keep around for the rest of my life. It’s got some of the best resin quality I’ve seen beautiful fat heads that can fall off easily.

6 Likes

Thanks. I wanted to see what Dave had selected specifically before I did anything to it and with his sales I didn’t mind supporting and buying multiple packs. I’ll most likely F2 and go from there but it would be nice to select something direct from Dave before I might limit the genetics as it’s already a BX F2.

5 Likes

Sorry for the late reply. It’s probably too late to clone, but you should definitely reveg if it’s a special plant. Just search reveg on here.

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply’s. I lost my best friend to cancer and I got really depressed. I will say that Black Domina specifically the sohum and NL1 are my favorite things from AKBB so far.

10 Likes

Damn man, really hate to hear about your friend. Best wishes with everything there.
I just wanted to thank you for the detail write ups and your opinions of some of these strains. Been interested in the ak4way for a minute. Grew up in Va and having that Fairfax 4way a couple times. Not much info out there on the ak4way. I’m going to check out the bob hemphill black domina x 90s super skunk per your suggestion too. Great pics and info again, best of luck on this journey.

6 Likes

Thanks. I appreciate it. The ak4way and the sensi 4way are very different. The sensi 4way which is where the VA 4way cut came from is India x Afghan X Pakistan x Skunk #1. Akbeanbrains ak4way is (Royal Kush x Truth Og) x (Black Afghan x Iraqi Indica). Bobhemphill has the VA 4way cut and did some work with it. The Black Domina x Super Skunk is great because it has the Sohum Black Domina in it. The best orange spice and vinyl terpene profile I’ve ever encountered. The best orange terpenes IMO way better than Tangie or Agent Orange. Anything with the Sohum is my personal new favorite.

9 Likes

so sorry for your loss. fuck cancer. part of them lives on with you

killer write up and killer pictures. haven’t ran a lot of akbb gear but i’ve got a skunk1 x super skunk cut that ironlotus hunted that is stellar. crazy nice high and buds that sounded like rocks in the jar. will be crossing to romulan down the road! that ak4way looks righteous

3 Likes

Thanks. I was thinking about naming the cut after my friend if I decide to keep it around. That sounds like it will be a nice cross.

3 Likes

Great AKBB log @DelDavis ! A real pleasure to read through. I really like AKBB’s work, but have only dabbled with his Blueberry offerings. Have a couple Purple Hindu Kush Bx4 seedlings going now. How did you get hooked up to test for him?

5 Likes

dope idea!

1 Like

reveg is looking great… All 4 sites are sprouting 3-5 finger leaves now… Im going to eventually just clone a new mother cutting from it… I havent transplanted into a different container since it harvested… water just seeps through pretty quick… LOL… theyre doing great though… I figured Id get a couple cuttings and make a new mother out of one… This was my first time learning about reveg and so far , its been quite simple… just move it back into a veg tent…Ill get a cutting here in a couple weeks and hopefully be on home plate by then

1 Like