My first bagseed grow

All the tomatoes I’m making the chili with are vine ripened and some are grape tomato sized as well. All a candy apple red and now that I think about it have a basil note probably thanks to growing next to a mint and Basil patch

1 Like

Nice! I’ve got an artichoke plant, some shishito peppers (so far 2 peppers growing and more flowers) and some brussel sprouts seedlings just popped along with one lone bell pepper seedling (I’m hoping at least one more pops up, they grow best in pairs). I was surprised that it actually popped up. I’ll have to set up my cheapy greenhouse next month an keep that guy very warm. I doubt I’ll even get a pepper off of it being so late in summer, even if I don’t it was a cheap experiment. lol

1 Like

I’ll be growing some peppers soon. If I find out the dried ghost pepper I have can be grown I’ll definitely be growing season as I just can’t get enough of that burn. Ghost pepper is following the same trend jalapeno did. It used to burn my tongue and now it’s just a zesty citrus kick with a mild bite.
Probably plant some marigolds as well to be safe and try to keep pests away

1 Like

Probably too late for those now. Unless you are gonna grow inside. Maybe spring?

1 Like

That was the plan. I can grow those outside just fine with no worries, so I’m not limited to indoors for standard crops, but i should cage it off to be safe. Don’t want anyone burning their eyes

I just checked the hydrometer and I’m sitting at just barely over 75f and I’m seeing 80% Rh. I’m definitely going to want to fix that as it was 75% humidity outside today. That means I’m seeing a night Rh that basically matches the outside Rh. So far it’s been the same for the last few weeks, so that is explaining part of the mystery, but not 100% as it’s still possible for random chance to be involved from the fact that I’ve been using my stove lately at night.

I’ve positioned the highest power fan I have and put it on low. Oddly the low on that is the 3 on my Galaxy fan. Though the 3 on the Galaxy causes wind burn, the 1 on my other one(I never retain it’s name) doesn’t cause wind burn despite feeling much more air than the Galaxy at the same pressure. :man_shrugging:t2: If anyone can help me figure out why that is I’d love to know why.

I’m pretty sure the humidity tonight is a coincidence. I’m making homemade chili after all.

Also making some edibles with a good amount of oil too. My own secret recipe that’s honestly easy to figure out if you know molecular gastronomy.
No secret ingredients. Just basic chemistry with what you already have plus Jell-O for color and consistency. Also it’s evenly dosed down to the tiniest bite.
I know the chemists already know or are intrigued now. Mwuahahaha! :microscope::alembic::nerd_face:
Though I’m sure I gave it away to anyone who knows LoL

I’m seeing the soil looking much dryer than usual much faster. Holly is definitely a sipper and will be watered with less next watering.

The soil is almost evenly dry. The surface is crumbly dry, but right under is darker, but not really enough to call it anything with noticable water content. The fan is helping a lot.

I dropped the AC to 64 again.
The temperature in the room is still at 82f all day stable no matter what I do, but it at least feels like it’s in the 70s like planned. Chili is almost done. Still not finished with my edibles. I’m a perfectionist apparently

I gave the plants one extra day of LITFA. I was gone all day today.

I’ve been reading this all day on send off as I was passing out all morning trying to wake up. My 1st fully relaxed morning in a month now

I believe @MadScientist was the one I got the link from in another topic
Correction: it was @Muleskinner
I’m tired my bad

According to it THC-A and CBG-A both are insecticidal and produced in higher amounts in response to pests. Same with pinene and limonene.

My plants definitely are not producing a primary of either of they’re so attractive to pests, but the stickiness and how quickly they die after getting stuck leads me to believe that I could have a decent CBG content, which I am happy about. It was a goal of mine to grow a plant high in CBG

2 Likes

Dr. Ethan Russo has a few great papers. Not sure if it is the one you linked, but one has to do with using foods to potentiate the endocannabinoid system.

1 Like

I’ve been doing that long before I understood why.
I’ve always loved strong sour foods. I never knew the reason is because they help with anxiety and in my case I salivate like a bulldog which helps my throat. All the pollen in the area dries out my throat fast.

I’ll eat incredibly spicy food to achieve a high that knocks out negative emotions and depression very effectively.

I’ve always loved mangoes. Turns out the antipsychotic effects of myrcene might be why.

I hate or love foods based solely on a combination of taste, texture, and effects.

A large amount of citric acid for example provides me with a high like feeling, so who knows what’s up there.

I haven’t read that paper in awhile, so once I found it I linked it. I’m lucky in that I’m sensitive to aromatherapy. I can diffuse essential oils to get high. If I use a good amount of peppermint oil for example I’m stuck in my couch with a smile all day.
Apparently I’m a natural interpener thanks to my super sensitive sense of smell as I can feel the effects of a strain if I’m able to get a good whiff of the profile without smoking or vaping it at all.

I’ll update with pics once I’m home. I’m excited to see how they’ve been while.i was away. My first day away that’s stress free in awhile.
Hopefully they won’t droop to the point of wilting since I’ve been gone. I left at this time yesterday, so I’d hope 24 hours when they weren’t even drooping yet won’t be the worst. I’ve noticed that Holly is a light sipper. She was the last part of the soil to dry this time. I’ll give her less water than I did last. I have to find the golden ratio of how much water per plant and section of the bin.

My first time seeing them and it’s only by pics for me too Tonight. I’ve only seen the general outline in the dark.

Ingrid

I definitely have a feeling that I’ll be harvesting Ingrid last. I’m curious if she has haze in her. Or I just stunted her that bad. This pic tells me she’s still making a lot of white hairs.

Sadie

Harmony

Holly

Side angle shots

The soil pics

Temp and humidity shot

I set the temp to 64 to try and reduce temps down from 90f at day time. I’ll see daytime temps and humidity in the morning.

1 Like

The soil is almost pale 2 inches down. About a inch and a half of dry soil now. I’ll probably have to water later tomorrow or after one more night cycle. So far they still seem like they’re feeding nutrients. Other than Harmony’s usual lower leaf yellowing nothing else is happening outside of some mild wind burn on Ingrid’s fan leaves. It’s finally getting colder out, so humidity should drop considerably. I might have to stop using the AC soon LoL.
I’ll replace the filters and prefilter on my air purifier and I can use that to dry out the air further if needed. It gave me severe dehydration when it was used originally all day for a week even though I had a gallon of water a day. Not as bad as when I used to be in a Office more than I was home. I felt just as thirsty though.

I just checked the soil. Holly and Harmony have almost pale soil 2 inches down and it feels cold. I turned the AC to 75 as I don’t think they want cold roots. So far they seem fine, so who knows I could be wrong. If I am that might work out better. It keeps the lights from heating faster than the AC can cool the room and the house. With the door closed it can keep up after a few hours, but I need a better option. That ac uses a lot of power and barely works TBH. Strong wind that even on low causes wind burn ad slices off the red pistils on the edge of Harmony I noticed even on low. It was working out pretty nice TBH. I could aim it at the bottom of the plants and a fan at the bottom aimed up. I’d have another aimed at the top of the lights only with no contact with the plants on high to cool it off. I can get small fans if someone can send me an Amazon link. I’d use eBay, but I’ve learned to distrust it TBH. RadioShack is closed in my area for good. I’ll check again, but the limited locations left don’t included anywhere near my area. I mean if there was my buddy would have told me about him getting his job back. He was one of those invaluable types apparently :nerd_face:

I’m tired. Lmk if anyone can think of anything I’ll need to get. Please keep it under 100. I’m limited and can’t save the money. If it’s 200 range maybe if you can argue with no doubt to someone with no interest in growing that loves weed and dabs that I should get it. She can’t really smell the difference in Weed. It’s all just weed smell to her LoL :rofl:. She’s a serious business type. I get help sometimes, but only if I can argue that I need it

The temperature appears to be stable near the temp I set the AC to. Rn it’s just under 80f and I set the AC to 75f.
The plants aren’t drooping yet. I guess they can handle more drought. I’ll make sure the water is at room temperature before I water next. Gnats appear to have lowered in number.
IDK if I’m getting mosquito bits, but I do know I’m getting nematodes and Yellow stuck traps. It’s apparently made specifically for these fuckers, so I’ll hope they help enough. At least I know they come out from Holly’s side. Good to know if I get bits. I can apply a small amount of them directly in the area on top of a soil drench

That’s what Inuse when they get out of hand. Honestly they are everywhere. They were a huge pest when I was camping in the forest. They are in the office plants, my house plants. Usually keeping them in check is all I worry about.

1 Like

They’re definitely starting to annoy me. If I can’t find a way to get rid of them, then I’ll need a way to manage them to keep them from doing this on the next grow. I’ll need to start making money soon so I can grow my next set of autos and photos. By the time the photos are ready to flower I’ll be ready to harvest the autos and free up space and light for the photos in flowering.

This soil is definitely not suitable for seedlings rn. Garlic might be the only exception. The ones left are just staying alive despite it all. The chives are tiny, but also alive. The mint and basil are chugging along, but they are constantly losing leaves to something causing soft spots. Probably fusarium wilt. I had to root for my girls when they did the same. Without a strong root system already in place they don’t survive.
The mint just keeps making new shoots to grow from. One I accidently topped and it now has 3 tops

1 Like

Oh right I Forgot to say that the cuttings in the soil don’t flower at all. The ones in the cup I have to constantly pull flowers and seeds off. Somehow the 2 are growing different. Does that mean the soil has too much N or they need bigger roots to start flowering? My only other guess is the light difference the ones in the soil are getting keep them in veg.

Almost forgot the last update before midnight pics

Sadie

Ingrid

Holly

Harmony