My first bagseed grow

I’m not sure what it is, but I have a plant with twisted growth, all of them are getting yellow spos, and now this is showing up on so far just this one.

http://imgur.com/MjtDdDw
All of them have some issue with them. Only 2 weeks old. Planted the seed on memorial day at midnight once the day started.

10 Likes

are they being fed with anything?

they look more hungry than anything…

1 Like

Have you scoped for pests?

2 Likes

edit: on another note… is that water left on the leaves when the lights on?

cuz…

2 Likes

They are small for that big tray, could be the medium is staying wet too long or maybe it’s too hot for them (overfeeding?). Could also be ph issues or even a combination of all of the above. I’d have them in their own pots where they can drain well and dry out a bit between watering :thumbsup:

1 Like

I see droplets on the leaves also. That will magnify the light and bleach/burn them.

3 Likes

They get fed a gallon of water spread evenly every 2-3 days or as needed. I let the topsoil dry 2 inches before I water again. I noticed some fruit fly looking pests hopping around and caught 1 of them on a leaf last night. I was foliar feeding 30 minutes before they went to bed. ¼ strength just to see if it helped with the spotting I was seeing, plus the abnormal growth pattern. They all were planted at the same time. Sadly bagseed, but I do at least know the names of all 8 seeds I sowed. R.I.P. Tina you will be missed. I just don’t know what seed is what strain. It’s my first grow, so I’m learning all I can.
Also I started companion planting to help with fungi and pests. Though looking like it was all wasted effort if this is tmv or similar

2 Likes

well they need feed… to the roots…
I only foliar spray for pests and occasionally if I have a BAD calcium deficiency…

I would say that the problem is they need more than whatever is in the soil cuz they’re starting to get bigger

edit: don’t fan leaves start twisting when fed properly?
cuz I’m seeing twisted leaves-mag def…
yellow leaf green margins - N def.
necrotic leaves- PK def.

1 Like

Fan leaves twist towards any light source no??

My budget is currently what I can get from letgo and the kindness of others, but for what I have it works. I can diy a grow box if I have to, but rn my setup is just a mystery 3500 lumen CFL and a 150w HPS light. I went organic soil with pearlite an as little bark/wood as I could get, but organic in my area seems to mean mulch. I want these girls to grow up as full bodied women and not stringy skeletons. They only started to grow like this in the last few days. For over a week they were too leggy from sprouting overnight while I wasn’t looking. I transplanted them immediately into a larger medium. That’s a 27g bin I converted into a planter. Another bin is under it for the runoff

Just a tip bud when asking for plant Dr help best to give as much info as possiable. Including ph of water used/ run off, tap or filter water, soil, nutes used (if any), temp, humidity, lights. Here’s also a link of the best plant help guide I’ve found. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688
It’s def worth a full read even if your not having issues. You’ll learn exactly what every nutrient is used for and what ph they’re best absorbed. My guess is a nutrient deficiency. Why could be for many different reasons. Ph is usually the 1st reason for this. Also magnesium is usually the 1st to be locked out. Yet calcium n magnesium work hand in hand. Calcium is a natural ph buffer and keeps your soil ph from fluctuating. Once you cal runs low your ph will flux n cause mag/iron symptoms. Pests can also suck nutes from plant’s causing deficiencies.

4 Likes

not the tips swerving to the side like it’s got whorled phylotaxy

1 Like

I’ve tested my tap water and it’s at a perfect 6.5ph I let the chlorine evaporate before watering if possible, but a couple of days ago I had to use 2g to keep the soil from getting crumbly.
The room is kept at a 75-80f range with multiple fans setup around it. The humidity always seems to be matching the temperature the last 2 days. If it’s 80f it’s 80%. Today they’re at 75f and 75%. They never wave, but gently jiggle in the wind. Also the soil I used had nothing other than npk. I added some organic ecoscraps compost to it. I know that i should get better nutes, but my budget is tied for a few weeks. I have MG all purpose plant fertilizer. I know already. Please no PSA on MG. I see it too often and I’d rather snuff it out before it takes over the thread. It’s my first grow and I’d rather learn than get so pricy that it’s a deterrent. If it costs me less to go to a pricy dispensary to get my bud why am I growing?

it’s not a price issue…

you asked and we told. if you choose not to take our advice that’s fine, but don’t come to us for answers and then shit on the advice we give…

we’re being honest… this is your first grow amd typically there are issues when people just plant seeds and expect them to grow into super dank monster buds with little to no effort. it doesn’t work that way…

I’m sorry the first part of the post is a bit edgy but look at it from our point of view and how many times we type the same thing to different people everyday…
but…
the tl:dr version goes like this:
If you don’t feed your plants they will die
you have no chance inside of that soil making nutrients to feed those plants. with OR without the compost you put in it.

we feed indoor grows because we have to mate… not cuz we want to and lack of such is causing your plants many ills…

3 Likes

TMV causes mosaic patterning on the leaf. That’s just a little leaf curl from high pH, nutrient def, or whatever minor issue your roots have.

I didn’t say anything about any of your advice so back off. I’m fed up with the condescending answers, so I’m noticably annoyed at that fact. If you can’t be nice GTFO

1 Like

never once was I not nice… trust me @GrapeApe

it’s coming at you more condescendingly because of how you are replying to those trying to help

I’m not trying to be a jerk, but if you come on hard I’ll shove you off a cliff. I asked for help and right away get berrated. I provide info as asked and don’t need to be called names. Now if we can all be civil and move on I’d actually like to get info instead of arguing

2 Likes

I get what your saying bud but that’s like asking why people brew their own beer. You can get a 30 pack of bush for cheap yet people still brew. It’s the same idea here. I’m all for ya learning a new skill and maybe enjoying a new hobby. Most all of us start with the Wal-Mart grow to begin. If you look at it as a learning experience then it is what it is. A lot don’t and that’s why there’s not a whole lot of growers out there. You can get quality nutes for 10$ now-a-days so there’s really no excuse. I still say it’s a nute deficiency but like I said could be from many different issues. Humidity and heat plays a role in nute uptake also. Plant’s sweat just like u n me. If the humidity is to high they can’t sweat. Then can’t draw up more water to the leaves. That leads to deficiencies bc new nutes get drawn up with the water. Also for the same reason if your grow room becomes hot n dry suddenly can cause nute burn. Of course it also helps keep plant’s cool.

6 Likes

who called you a name?

and you HAVE the info… you are just seemingly choosing to ignore it…