My first pollen chuck

Looking happy and frosty :sunglasses::sunglasses:
Whatcha got popping from Bodhi?

3 Likes

Looking good dude! Key Lime Pie is one of my favorite things in all forms. I get off track occasionally, but I’ve been following along since you started the thread. Can’t wait to see how they turn out for you.

6 Likes

Finally got a little cure on it, enough for me to sample. it’s a tasty one, alright. Not a soaring sativa high, but definitely raises your energy level and can help get stuff done. Solid daytime smoke.smells just like it did on the plant. Loud and sugary-citrusy.

3 Likes

Lemon Thai Indy x 88g13hp
Also got his Vintage Master Kush x 8813
Mamilk x 8813
Snow lotus x Lemon G
And all kinds of sunshine #4 crosses for freebies
Tryin to decide what to pop next lol. I wanna try the master hashplant for some nice bedtime smoke, but a lot of OGers rant and rave about the MaMilk…

8 Likes

I’m really liking what I’m seeing and smelling so far.

13 Likes

All 3 of these ladies are really impressing me so far. One is chemmy-burnt rubber now, one is berry pie smelling. Like really sweet and doughy like pie crust. And then the super frosty one is straight mt dew code red terps. All 3 are pregnant and seems like the seeds will be more bountiful than I expected.

I cant wait to harvest

10 Likes

Thanks for that @zephyr. You sold me. I have a tent to isolate a couple for breeding. Found a hepa filter that fits over 4” exhaust fan with little modifications. If I understand correctly you hold the female till buds are prime then introduce her to the tent with the pollinating male waiting. Right? Very good info. Thanks again.

Peace…

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

4 Likes

If you have the space for it, that’s an ideal way to do it. This will maximize your seed production, and give you a little more time to make decisions about selection.

It is also fine to leave the males in the same tent as the females the whole time. just leave the males in when they show balls, it works every time haha.

Depending on your goals you can use all the males for an open pollination to maintain maximum diversity in the line, or you can make selections based on growth characteristics or performance in your environment.

hold the female till buds are prime

in my experience the ideal window is to pollinate during that stage of rapid bud growth after preflower, when all of the bud sites have established and really started to take off with growth. you want to make sure there is enough time for the seeds to ripen fully before harvest.

I’ll follow up with an example photo of some buds I am about to pollinate.

6 Likes

Thank you. This will be my first go at this. I thought I would just isolate a male etc. so I can leave the flower tent full of seedless bud. One female should give me several hundred seeds shouldn’t it?

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

5 Likes

sounds great. I am trying to get a third tent for exactly this reason.

yes one plant will get you plenty. Depending on the strain, one fully pollinated female growing in a tent could yield many hundreds of seeds. Some landraces could produce thousands of seeds in a small plant.

I recently started two indica hybrid plants under 12/12 in my flower tent for the smallest quickest plants possible, and still got at least 400 seeds per plant.

4 Likes

@anon80727880
Damn man! Just wanted to pop by to say your plants look CHERRY! Nice work -and that grow space looks dyno!:boom:

3 Likes

following up with a photo of plants ready for pollination-

this is what you are shooting for with most strains.

If it’s a very quick flowering strain you can pollinate a little bit earlier. The guava is very fast so I am cutting it somewhat close for this line pollinating at roughly day 30.

2 Likes

Been doin my best to stay somewhat current on here but life has been crazy lately, so bare with me here folks. Even been slacking on keeping up with the homie @Baltimore 's thread and im usually always creepin around there.

The Jawas are gettin nice and swole up now. Been staying with the Jack’s feeding schedule and they seem like they’re loving it. I’ve been over feeding a little at a time to see how much these plants can take and I havent seen any resistance so far.

Smells are awesome. Growing stronger by the day. All are packing on the frost. Ready to get these into jars and then into my lungs :dash:

16 Likes

Dude. That’s a pretty plant right there. That thing is gonna be rock solid. What do you reckon? A few weeks left on those? Awesome job bro. Damnit Bobby!

3 Likes

Yeah were at day 52 right now. They’re all preggo and may go about 65 days just to let the seeds ripen. I’ll keep an eye on em :eyes:

2 Likes

Nice work @anon80727880 - those plants look haaappppy! Appreciate the updates and pics!

2 Likes

Preciate it, thanks for stopping by and the kind words

2 Likes

Resin production on these girls is through the roof. Got some really beautiful fall colors coming in as well

10 Likes

12 Likes

Hey Parker, I was curious how many seeds you got from your pollinated plants?

1 Like