Neb's 1st Grow Log

Dibs on one of the clones :grin:

Awww man, I thought it was a hidden clone giveaway :sob: lmaoo

2 Likes

Caved in and gave them one last hair cut. This pic marks the 1st day of flower.

9 Likes

For the 1st time in over a month my PPM has stopped dropping. Not sure what to make of it really.

Does a heavily defoliated plant require less nutes? That or maybe they are stunted a bit?

the ppm has sat at 450-460 for 2 days now ive been holding off on swapping to flower nutes until i see it drop again. before this i was seeing the ppm drop 20-30 every 24 hours.

ph is at 6.1/ water temp 21-22c/ room temp averaging 25c with 50-60% humidity

1 Like

I dunno what to tell you brother. I usually wait a week or 2 after any leaf removal before flipping the lights to give them time to recover.

5 Likes

I do many defoliations but for the biggest one I flip and do it after the stretch is done.

When the stretch is finished it’s easier to see what is a keeper branch and what isn’t.

3 Likes

eh I’m not too worried either way I think they are probably just in a light shock. the defoliation was 100% needed I found a decent amount of wet spots where leaves where overlapping.

2 Likes

They look great after that haircut. Bet they won’t even skip a beat. Even in soil after I defoliate, it feels like they take up a bit less water, until they adjust.

3 Likes

The one thing I do wonder is if I did more harm by doing the trimming over a period of 3 days compared to doing it all at once.

2 Likes

I know most people use defoliation, but I actually never remove any leaves or branches, I just let them grow natural. I’m not worried about a little water on the leaves, because I am unable to cultivate pathogens. I think they’re all dead.

2 Likes

I may very well be over worried but my basement is defiantly prone to mold if things get out of hand. Trying to play things on the safe side for this 1st run

1 Like

I usually go all in one shot as what you describe sounds like it could stress them a bit. Also even though I defoliated my last RDWC weekly… i DIDN’T during transition week and the following 2 flower weeks. The end of week 2 flower was the last defoliation.

2 Likes

just pulled 100 ft of romex cable through my basement(man that was a bitch and i pissed off alot of spiders lol). My electrician buddy will be coming either tomorrow or Thursday to hook them up. I’ll have 5 15 amp breakers at my disposal now. one of them is shared with my bedroom.

plan is to have

• 1 breaker for flower room lights
  • 1 breaker for veg lights(and maybe another ac unit or dehumidifier)
  • 1 breaker for AC and dehumidifier
  • 1 for fans/pumps/???
  • last one is just incase lol
4 Likes

oh that’s going to be more than enough juice! 75 amps wow!

1 Like

Good news PPM and water level dropped today the girls seem to have recovered pretty quick! I’ll probably leave the veg nutes in for 1 more night and tomorrow ill swap them to flower nutes.

1 Like

Step one of automating environmental controls finished.

Home Assistant has been setup on my PC. Dehumidifiers and AC unit hooked up to smart plugs so I’m now able to control the power from my computer.

Next im waiting on some sensors and from there its pretty simple! Code some conditions that trigger the power based off the sensors.

4 Likes

had 3 new breakers installed today and the outlets are all hooked up. No more popping fuses for me. Ac is on a breaker with fans and pumps, my 2 600w lights are on there own breaker now, my bedroom breaker thats also attached to the flower room will have 1 780w led/my computer/ and some fans, another breaker for a 2nd 780w led and a dehumidifier , last breaker will be a ac for the flower room and possibly a water chiller.

5 15 amp breakers in total to work with

4 Likes

Seeing your lights wattage I not totally get why you needed so many breakers!

1 Like

i plan on upgrading my veg lights(600w mhs) a few years down the road to some LEDs that use less juice but for now these are also being used for flower until my other room is set up.

3 Likes

I still have both my 400w MH & 1000w HPS in the garage. Can’t part with them… memories :laughing:

4 Likes

For what it’s worth my fans draw next to nothing.

1 Like