Neb's 1st Grow Log

You weren’t kidding about the tent exploding :laughing: it’s really dense and lush bro. Nice work.

3 Likes

I noticed some very high humidity levels around 80% when i dropped the hydrometer under the canopy which is worrying me a bit. I think I should probably do some defoliating on the lower growth under and maybe try to get a fan blowing on the underside at this point.

3 Likes

Don’t be afraid to defoliate lol, at its current rate it will grow back by the next day :joy:

These are only 1 month old? Wow. Great growth. Can’t wait to see them bud out.

2 Likes

just over a month now yea. I’ll be swapping them to flower by monday at the latest.

2 Likes

What Oldtimerunderground said about the clones. Less leaves, less stem. They don’t need to be in the water as long as the bubbles are getting the stems wet your good.

5 Likes

They sit nice in an egg carton. I used one my first couple drops.

1 Like

Took a bit more off than I was comfortable with but looking at this picture I probably could of took more lol

planks look messy in this pic because i just tucked them under the screen

4 Likes

Sometimes my clones lie down like that. I can’t find a pic right now.

With a little luck they’ll perk back up.

1 Like

a couple of the clones look like they might take but most of them are dead for sure the stem looks like its starting to rot at the base.

If they look bad from the bottom something is wrong.

1 Like

pretty sure I crushed some of them putting them in the neoprene pucks

I pretty much plan on following this guide for defoliating.

1 Like

Turns out maybe the clones where not so bad after all. I 100% crushed the stems on all the clones that didn’t do so well. I have 6 right now that are looking healthy out of the original 16. Going to take replacement cuttings for the other 10 now.

New cuttings taken for clones. Defoilated a bit more this will be the last time before I swap to flower and then 1 more defoilaition 3 weeks into flower.

I checked the roots more thoroughly today and there is lots lol. 4 of the plants the ones beside the outflows of the RDWC each had about 2-3 feet of roots growing into the piping. I very carefully pulled them out.

7 Likes

On the topic of defoliation: have fun! Thay’s can take it down to being almost naked and in 4-5 days you’ll wonder if you even did anything :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ive nearly filled a garbage bag in the last 3 days lol

2 Likes

Quick update on the timeline so far.

• germination started June 18
  • all seeds sprouted June 22
  • plants have been in the tent for 39 days

I am keeping detailed logs of temp/humidity/ppm/ph/water temp every day so I can replicate any success and learn from failures! If anyone would ever like a copy of them when im done just ask. They are for Bubba OG by Dr greenthumb - https://drgreenthumb.com/

3 Likes

Last day of veg for the girls! Just swapped to HPS bulbs and changed the timers to 12/12. Anyone have any tips for taking pics of plants under hps bulbs without the colour being all messed up?

3 Likes

Also the new batch of clones is looking much healthier than the last ones. I think they may just take :smiley:

I talked a buddy who i went to high school with who is now a electrician into coming over this week to help me get the basement all wired up with some new breakers so i can get rid of some extension cords lol. Also all the stuff i ordered to automate my environmental control should be coming in shortly so lots of stuff to keep me busy.

4 Likes

Damn this whole set up is killer! Keep killing it! Thanks for sharing!! Stay Airborne!!

2 Likes

Auto white balance. Or ideally manual white balance.

Edit: HPS bulbs are approx 2800k

Addition: my buddy from highschool that is also now an electrician literally just installed my basement garden breaker! Freaky mirror friend! :fist:t4:

2 Likes