Neb's 1st Grow Log

10 Likes

Some of the shorter plants look like they are closing in on the harvest window 3 weeks or so? The taller ones look like they could go a bit longer. My plan is to start flushing in about 6 days unless anyone suggest I wait longer?

2 Likes

Looking great bro. I see a nice harvest coming your way really soon :grinning:

I would wait until the end to start flushing bro.

1 Like

On day 50 of 12/12 lighting right now and the breeder suggests 60-70 days of flowering. You thinking im going to make it past 70 days?

I do like a couch lock high so im not afraid to let it go a bit longer! Mostly just trying to give them a 2 week flush window… and decide when to start that flush lol.

2 Likes

The way it’s looking now, 70 days sounds about right. If you really want a stoney, couchlock smoke, feel free to let it go another week to really ripen the buds up. Always good to keep an eye on the trichs near the end and chop once you start seeing a ton of heads turning amber.

I just feel like 2 weeks is really long for a flush. If anyone wants to come by and give me a good smack to the back of the dome, feel free :joy: It’s been ages since I’ve done hydro, but when I did, I never flushed for longer than a week at most.

3 Likes

Whatever they say I appreciate the advice haha!

2 Likes

I think flushing is counterproductive. You want your plants to finish but you take away the nutrients they need to do so? Makes no sense to me.

2 Likes

I thought about this too; but only in soil/soiless. My outdoors get fed right up to last week of sept then just water.

I will always still flush when using hydroponics like @Neb is right now. It’s also fun to watch the plant eat itself and fatten up during those 2 weeks.

3 Likes

I see your point but my buds fade and fatten up while still getting nutes.

It’s an age old debate.

4 Likes

if i got the same results flushing as not flushing id rather save my nutes lol but if im losing out on quality/weight id rather spend the cash.

I’ll have to do a side by side comparison some time.

4 Likes

Agreed! My system runs 81-120L when going so that’s a lot of $ when doing a full changeout.

TAG ME!

3 Likes

I grow in soil, and agree with you @Foreigner

When growing with salts, I think a flush has the potential to help the plant use up and flush out any excess that may have built up during the grow. Especially if the limits of the nutes were really pushed to the edge.

I never got into the science behind it, but I don’t see a few day flush in the end hurting yields or quality. If everything was on point, the plants weren’t overfed and the nutes were tapered down near the finish, I can see how flushing would be a waste of time.

4 Likes

I did a miracle grow grow with no flushing and no issues :+1:

4 Likes

10 Likes

Seeing a whole lot of clear still!

5 Likes

10 Likes

Gorgeous! Neb rockin’ it!!!

2 Likes

Thanks been thinking I might stagger my harvest a bit! I have no clue if i like it pulled early/late or whatever. Im guessing I’ll like a late couch lock harvest more!

8 plants to play around with I might harvest the 1st plant in a week or so? I want to do one before i flush.

2 Likes

Good idea. Ive always been forced by mother nature to pull out due to weather. I ran autos this year and was only time Ive ever had the choice. Choices make things more difficult :wink: I think I pulled the skunk a week early, tha AK right on time and the sour D, well she started botrytis pretty bad it was so rainy. Now everythings in jars and Im twiddling my thumbs waiting for spring again.

2 Likes

Total garbage. Better send it my way for testing.

3 Likes