Neb's 1st Grow Log

I’ve had buds produce like 1 or 2 pretty hidden bananas that I didn’t catch until later on that could have possibly pollinated a plant or 2. Not positive but I’ve ended up with a few plants with micro seeds before with no obvious signs of males.

I’ve personally never flushed, never made sense to me. I fed last grow like 2.5 EC right up until harvest and it burns white. I don’t see how things that are already assimilated into the actual plant tissue can be taken out. IME a shit burn is usually either not dried enough or possibly tiny micro seeds. I’ve even seen people take out buds that were dried very well and had them burn like shit because they were rolling outside in like 65% humidity or some other humid environment.

Fasciation is actually very often mistaken for polyploidy but you can’t tell a polyploid plant by looking at it, only with a DNA test.

1 Like

I appreciate you stopping by with all that info! I’m assuming those plants with micro seeds smoke similar to seeded bud?

1 Like

Pretty much but IMO worse because at least fully mature seeds are somewhat easy to pick out when some of these seeds are super tiny but still can make everything burn black and are easier to miss.

I actually just trimmed a bunch of some super larfy lemon lotus that I fucked up and I gave an oz to a buddy to try and he said it burned black so I suspect that’s what it was. The bud was hanging downstairs for 11 weeks before I actually trimmed it so doubt it wasn’t dry enough, plus the non larfy stuff I trimmed from that grow after only 2 weeks burned fine.

1 Like

Just to clarify when you say micro seed you think that’s a large unpollinated ovule? I’m reading some stuff that suggests it could just be a genetic thing that produces undesirable large ovules without any pollen.

I mean a seed thatjust started to form after pollination but had almost no time to mature because it got harvested so they’re super tiny/hollow.

I notice on a lot of strains I grow the swollen look of them often looks like it’s seeded when it’s not though. I get a little bit of paranoia every grow from it haha. Some of them look really big like they’re full of seeds but really aren’t.

Hopefully yours are just swollen looking with no seed forming inside, I can’t really tell from the pic.

3 Likes

This is a pic from the breeders website of a finished bud. Now that I look at it if this isnt seeded maybe im worried about nothing :thinking:

6 Likes

My advice I received from Mr.Dawson was to let it go longer.
I had a 9lb hammer that looked like it was hermine. Maybe got one seed fron 3 oz. Un developed.

But you may as well get some potant weed with a few seeds than some less potant with undeveloped seeds.

Run it!!!
Edit. I also remember hearing that thc production is stopped to produce seeds.

Ah damn ! Lol
Edit
Difference being herming and pollinated

1 Like

Ok I chopped a bud that I think is for sure seeded

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s the exact type of bud that makes me super paranoid that my shit is seeded but for the most part that hasn’t been the case.

Since I’m pretty shit at explaining things I took a pic of my super larf lemon lotus to try and help explain the shit burn thing. ( Don’t laugh at my schwag haha)

It looks like there’s a bunch of seeds that just started to form barely had enough time to mature so instead of being large,hard and easy to separate, they’re small and hollow. So even if you grind it up you’re gonna get hollow bits of seeds in there that likely will fuck up the burn.

4 Likes

Yea I think mine looks more like yours

1 Like

Mine eneded up being very swollen calyxs and skme crowning I think it’s called something else though… Too much nitrogen maybe ?

1 Like

Just gonna ride it out and see what happens lol

One of my plants still has a ton of white hairs I think its very possible ill have a bit of seedless bud.

Its actually the biggest plant also that shows the least signs of being seeded so thats a plus.

2 Likes

You’ve taken them this far, I’d let them finish ,better quality hash will result. Some weed I’ve grown has had bud filled with immature seed husks, seems to be a trait of some 'sensitive 'cultivars. No mature seeds at all but little suckers all thru.

2 Likes

“Gives plant a dirty look” = Seed production starts.

4 Likes

Well from all my observations my current thoughts are that I most likely caused enough stress on a somewhat sensitive strain to cause a hermie that I havent seen. I don’t think the whole tent got pollinated though.

In 2 weeks ill harvest and do another inspection to see if those micro seeds or ovules have grown in size.

2 Likes

9 Likes

Yep. Ruined.
Best send it my way when done for disposal.
:laughing:

5 Likes

arnold-schwarzenegger-searching

3 Likes

Hi @Neb I saw you are at 2 weeks of the end of the girl
you are showing some small (seed or ovule)
do you have on all the plants of the same strain the seedy’s
or it’s just one plant

Yes it’s possible

Did you find some hard seeds in the bud or just
the small seedy’s you are showing

Some strains are very sensible of any thing like
lights, nuts, even feeding time and to much water can change
a sensitive strain…I’m looking at a problem similar of yours
look at the pic and the seedy’s(I see 2) are not in a envelope like
a real seed made with pollen…and it’s at the end just by for I cut
I never saw on the mom any of the seedy’s and I saw odder mix with the same mom and no seedy’s
so now I have to look one mix with the same male it can by him the problem
But lights, nuts, and odder things can change a strain
and I think some time a strain don’t like to by cross
with her new male :wink:

for you it’s not a big problem (if you don’t see any hard seeds)
but for my I will never use the mix in a new mix
but if the smoke is good and potent I can keep her for the smoke
if not 100 seedy’s in one bud
on the plant of the pic I see maybe 20 seedy’s
so I can take off by for the smoke

Seedy’s… :roll_eyes: give my news on your Seedy’s

5 Likes

all the plants are the same strain and all seem to have little seeds or ovules not sure yet!

No hard seeds yet just the small ones.

I appreciate u stopping by and i will keep u updated for sure!

2 Likes