New grower, new poster, long time toker

Thanks! Appreciate the kind words. Feel like I am stumbling to the finish line.

1 Like

A little deficiency here and there is a great way to learn and judging by your plants I think you are still going to do great! I have been doing this for years and always feel like im stumbling somtimes lol… A matter of always biting off more than I can easily chew for some reason.

3 Likes

I’m fairly certain that literally every single one of us felt that way on our first grows… and on many more afterwards! :laughing:

Just take it in stride, it’s how all of us learned.
They look pretty good, like @ReikoX said watch the new growth, dont worry about those ugly fans that won’t change back.

And his LITFA is really a top notch product, all the smartest cats on here keep a bottle of it handy in the garden.

7 Likes

Thank you for keeping me calm. Probably added stress from my first week of flower. I just don’t want to ruin my babies.

2 Likes

Welcome to OG @DannylovesCannabis.

Your babies should bounce back with little effort. Cannabis plants are resilient plants… they can take most any abuse you give them and recover rather quickly in most cases.

Relax a little and watch your plants grow.

3 Likes

You’re right, I already know the issue and took the steps to fix it. I just need to sit back and watch now.

4 Likes

Heh heh… and again I say we have literally all gone through this, it is absolute textbook first grow jitters man.

You see Danny, there comes a special time in every Cannabis lovers life when they start to go through changes. They start having feelings they haven’t had before, their jars get bigger, and buds start growing where there were no buds before. These feelings can be exciting and confusing, but it’s important to remember that these feelings are a natural part of growing up, and everyone experiences them, in their own time in their own way. It’s a special time, a natural time, that every sprout must go through as it blossoms into an adult tree.

Just a little excerpt from my upcoming book for new growers entitled Are you there Weed? It’s me, Rick.

:laughing:
But I’m just messing with ya! In all honesty they look better than my first batch when I finally put em into flower. Hell, I’ve got pictures of my first run that look so haggard if I showed em to ya you’d feel like you invented weed!

Pour yourself a tall cold glass of LITFA, keep an eye on your PH, and ride it out.

You’re doing fine.:+1:

4 Likes

You’re right rick I feel myself becoming a beautiful flower. I’m transforming.

4 Likes

No joke man, the craft changes people, many for the better. Gardening is soul medicine, and I’ve seen it save brothers.

6 Likes

Took a lot of the inner stuff out so my plant could breathe in flower. You can’t tell on the second one but I definitely took out a lot.

8 Likes

Good air circulation is important for plants, without it, they can get too hot, which may cause them to over transpire and waste their water resources. Die back is also a real possibility.

Truer words have never been spoken!

Gardening plugs you back into nature. Getting your hands dirty, playing in the soil, letting the microbes in the soil increase the serotonin levels in your brain, making you a happier person. Gardening is fantastic for the soul!

For some of us, cannabis is a godsend that keeps us from having to take prescription medications. If you can get by using cannabis, why wouldn’t you?

5 Likes

Looking good!

Cleaning out the clutter is important to keep that airflow up for sure. Pruning is another one of those things where it just takes enough grows to start feeling confident when you snip. I used to agonize and second guess myself over every little pluck and cut, now I’m like fucking Edward Scissorhands rocking a topiary, leaves flying everywhere! :wink:

2 Likes

I read tappys grow log and he had prove of what pruning does for the plant. That’s why I’m all about it. Does wonders.

2 Likes

Day 3 of flower! Plants are beginning their stretch for sure! Canopy still even at this point!

Big girl on the right already begging for more food. I like the right side one more because she’s just a bush. (Tomorrows feed day, she can be patient.)

8 Likes

Question… should I strip these girls now or should I wait until after stretch?
Thanks for your help!

1 Like

I tend to give em a good prune right before or at flip, then I’ll get em again at the end of stretch, clean up all the lowers that won’t end up performing. Letting them go a bit wild during stretch helps them to bulk up their stems for fluid transport and build a bigger rootmass to feed all those funky flowers. When you prune back the vegetation at the end of stretch you are helping to create an imbalance, with more rootmass remaining than the vegetation it originally grew to support. Your plants will want to balance that out, and with all those under performing lower branches out of the mix that energy is going to be directed to the top of your canopy, helping to build bigger, denser, more uniform flowers.

5 Likes

Next update will probably be next week around Friday! So you guys can see these pretty girls stretch.

These two girls seem to like the bondage and abuse!

Fed today, both buckets were at 1050 when put in last week. Came out at 550-600. Added a little cal/mag this time since they seem to want even more.

1 Like

Nice work for your first grow. :+1:

I’ve been using the Lucas formula since I think around 2002? When you get my age a couple years either way don’t really matter anymore.
Anyway, I always start them out at about half strength and increase to full strength on the second res change if the plants are responding well.
I know the formula says that you don’t need added mag, but I have found that many of the strains required just a little additional that I supply with epsom salts.
The strain I’m running now is at about 500ppm over recommended by the formula and she’s eating it up and loving it. I haven’t needed to add any epsom on her yet.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

2 Likes