New grower, new poster, long time toker

I moved the two plants around so the one that was on the right is now on the left! I’m continuing to prune the fuck out of one until the end of week 2. (Next Sunday!)
The one on the left is now!

Also moved my light as high as it can go had some tacoing.

6 Likes

Raising the light helped! Plants seem happier!
Took a lot of the fan leaves and baby stems out today.

Nice to have a day off usually work 7 days a week so it’s a nice refresher! Dabbing on some Madman OG super terpy!

8 Likes

Looking good in there! :+1:

1 Like

Been a week into light change, a little bit of stretch, not to much. That’s ok though. Hoping they stretch a bit more this week and the next.

Plants are starting to stretch, bushy plant is growing so much roots I don’t know what to do I have nothing bigger to put her in. They are drinking about a half gallon a day. I’m just adding ph’d water back in until feed day. Noticed holes on the leaves of just one plant. But it’s been like that the whole time… maybe to much negative pressure from the 6 outtake fan I bought? Even on low it kinda sucks the life out of that tent.
Is it the rough handling?
Definitely not bugs.

Is root bound a thing in dwc? Poor girl wants more and I can’t supply it cause I’m in a 3x3x5
She was a fighter from the beginning!

7 Likes

Here’s the holes

And here’s the other beauty. She knows her limits.

6 Likes

With that leaf, it looks to me that there may have been some kind of damage early in life. I have a few that got hung up on my trellis and did the same thing. Don’t who knows, I’m sure there have been crazier problems. Good luck, plants looks great to me.

1 Like

Yeah I thought the same I handle them pretty rough. Probably right!

1 Like

I bought more seeds! They are still Useful seeds. It’s his Blackened Oranges! Wanted the Bag of Oranges but they were all sold out!

2 Likes

Tomorrow is feed day! Both girls are around 700 on ppm. They are definitely in stretch mode at this point. Reaching for the sky!!! Debating if I‘m going to continue to feed silica through the rest of flower or not. To the INTERNET!!!

1 Like

That’s the pits! Ran into that a couple times.

What’s the pits?

Feed day! Did cal/mag normal dose! Silica and the Lucas formula!

Stems are health and my babies are for sure in stretch mode!

2 Likes

Oh the seeds being out of stock on ya

1 Like

Will defoliate tomorrow once again. Never realized how fast leaves grow back. The first time I took all the fan leaves off I went into full panic mode. Sitting by the window pondering of a better time when I didn’t kill my plants. (Yes I’m dramatic)
The more recent times I and literally just choppin shit off with no remorse.

8 Likes

I chopped a lot of leaves off. I can tell she’s happy she feels lighter. The smell that are starting to form are sweet. Very sweet. As soon as I opened the tent today I was greeted by wonderful smells of sweets and two perky girls ready for their hair cuts!

I’m aware of the dead spots it’s from my stoned as add ph to the Rez and getting ph down directly on the leaf. She’s growing at a super fast rate now probable 4-6 inches in the last week. I expect the same or more this week. Will be topping off Rez as needed with Nute water!

7 Likes

Fun update and some… learning…? So I read about plant maturity and oddly enough an episode of the podcast I listened to also touched on it a bit.
Anyways… read about how the spacing of the nodes correlates to maturity and cannabis when it’s grown to maturity.
Super novice stuff here… but
A node is where any two branches intersect off the main stalk. When a plant is young, nodes develop in pairs. When a plant has matured nodes start to alternate. They still develop in pairs but there is more distance between them and branches are no longer parallel to one another.
I essentially put my seedlings into bloom to early. I put them in at 30 days from seed but they probably could have used 45. This would have been a problem if they were grown from a clone.
This doesn’t harm anything, does slow growth but the little babies will still take as long as they need to stretch. I’ll be patient and as soon as the lights come on tomorrow… I’m asking for forgiveness for pushing my little girls into the real world to soon.
This hobby is amazing… don’t know why I didn’t start sooner to be honest.

2 Likes

They’re more than good to flip at 30 days, especially in DWC. Vegging longer does allow you to essentially shape the plant into whatever form you want, though. Very young seedlings flower just fine, just takes them a bit longer to start flowering. If they’re pushing white pistils, they’re 100% ready, and should initiate flowering as fast as an older larger plant.

It does get a bit complicated when you start talking about say, long flowering tropical plants vs. short flowering broadleafs. If you flower a short squat broadleaf plant from seed you’re going to end up with a tiny lil nuglet, but it’ll still flower “normally” just small. If you flower a 24 week Colombian from seed you might need a bigger tent. But you never really know exactly what a seed plant will do when you flower it the first time, how much it’ll stretch, etc. It is difficult to grow exactly as big of plants as you need to with seeds, easy with clones you’re familiar with, especially in DWC growth rates.

Plants look great; most people don’t nail it like you did first time.

6 Likes

I appreciate the input and compliments! I’ve learned so much from people on here!

1 Like

Heh heh… well good, that didn’t take long! Lots of people get hung up this for a long time, but as long as they’re healthy they’ll leaf right back up, surprisingly fast as you’re finding out.

My vote on the holes is early life damage/rough handling. If more start showing up when you haven’t been at em in a few days then worry about it, otherwise I’d imagine you’re fine.

I don’t think you are anywhere near rootbound in there, but you are bumping up against the biggest problem with single bucket DWC, keeping up with the thirst. Just start researching Recirculating DWC, if they keep drinking like this you’ll be planning to make the switch before you get done I promise! Recirculating systems provide a lot more stability because you’re dealing with a larger volume of nutrient, and even with just a single control bucket you can add a float valve and gravity feed from a jug on a shelf outside your tent. Never go thirsty again!

They are looking great by the way, solid first grow you’ve got going man. :+1:

2 Likes