New grower, new poster, long time toker

Looking good!

I second the recommendation from @Ginger_Rick about the RDWC. I switched over and haven’t looked back. I used to run 6 individual reservoirs of varying sizes and honestly it was a nightmare.

Now I’m down to 3 reservoirs, but it’s still not fun. I’m planning on unifying it all into one single RDWC system across 10 sites.

4 Likes

I will definitely find a system that works for me! You read my mind! I was already thinking on a system and I could use and looking at other here. I have very little space. But… I will get there!

1 Like

Yeah, I definitely get the exhaustion. I have to switch buckets every week, take the time to drag the buckets out. Same with ph testing. It’s all tough. I will DEFINITELY start looking!

2 Likes

Update… I was right plants DEFINITELY were not grown enough for flower! There’s alternate nodes starting to form on the top most parts of the plant. Meaning it just reach maturity with in the last week or so. So they’ve technically only been in flower for a week!

Actually I think you timed it pretty well.

First 2 weeks of flowering is stretch city, she isn’t putting energy into flowers until she’s done stretching.

Sounds like your plant reached maturity as she finished her stretch.

/shrug

Something to experiment with next grow. Take notes, throw the next one into flower 11 days later. See if it changes her flower time.

2 Likes

Yeah definitely something to learn from, I don’t think the plants had even gotten to their 6th node. I’m going to go for a long veg time for sure next go!

I wouldn’t really worry about how early you flipped them, they’ll be fine. It does matter a bit more from seed but even then I know plenty of people who have gone 12/12 right away just to keep things small and it van be done. With clones you can toss em into flower as soon as they’ve rooted, and a lot of Sea Of Green growers do exactly that. Makes it a lot easier to manage when you’re running 4 foot tables with several dozen plants each.

2 Likes

So, I’m not even half way through flower… and I am thinking about my next grow…
I’m thinking of using larger sized space buckets to grow out some in veg so I can always have some in flower. We shall see.

1 Like

Yes for sure! My “flowering” period will just run longer.

It came… wasn’t the freebies I picked… actually they are better. Thankful for JBC.
Looking into the Largest space bucket I can get to veg out 2 or 3 plants to speed the veg process in my tent so I can have a nice rotation. I smoke a lot and I need to become as efficient with space as possible.

4 Likes

Just bought some more seeds as well. It was from the Bodhi drop today. Got his mendoxSSDD cross. Since his Sunshine DayDream dad is gone it’ll be a rare pickin.

3 days after their haircuts they are looking happier than ever. Ph is around 6.5, why? Because these plants hate anything under 6. They seem to enjoy the 6.5 ph, they ask I listen.
DEFINITELY making some sort of veg something, box… bucket… bin… we shall see. I just want to reduce veg time in my tent even if it’s just by two weeks it’s more efficient than this grow.
My goal is to become more and more efficient with the smallest amount of space possible. I live in a tiny house. LITERALLY.

3 Likes

Having a separate veg and propagation area is absolutely helpful, almost necessary unless your just going from seed after every harvest. Plus, it won’t need to be as big, and doesn’t need to use as strong of a light. unless you can dim your unit, your wasting power using your big light on seedlings/veg

2 Likes

Yep already got a weaker cob on the way for my veg thing I’ll be making. Can’t wait to be able to work on at least two crops at once!

3 Likes

Ok… so I just bough more seeds. Some chem dawg #4… I gotta stop buying seeds man. I don’t have time for all these.

2 Likes

Come join us over on the strainoholics thread. :joy:

Stick around here for too long and your backlog will not get any shorter.

5 Likes

Lol! Don’t encourage my addiction! All these “drops” are killing me!

1 Like

You’ve just gotta take the dive! My biggest problem now is indecision. It’s a nice position to be in. Who’d you get the chem4’s from? I got some from Mark in the early days of strainly (RIP), but I haven’t even tried them yet.

1 Like

Growers choice!

1 Like

I’ve heard mixed things they had seeds on sale. Can’t hurt :man_shrugging:

1 Like