New room build out

How many lights do you run in the 3x11’ space?

Admittedly this topic & my room build out has sat idle for a long time. But I cant stop dreaming about which strain I’ll run first, and like I alluded to in an earlier thread, I’d like to run a poll for OG to help me decide what to run for my 1st grow since 2005! So here’s what ive accumulated so far, in large part thanks to generous OG members!

A few points worth mentioning- as this is my first run in over a decade, looking for something to run that isnt too finicky. I’ll be sharing with a med patient w MS, so good medicine is a plus. I’m going to want to be pretty strict w odor control so given its a new room & set up, dont necessarily want the funkiest strain on my 1st run. My bloom room will be 3x3 w a max of 5 plants. I plan to run living soil either in a bed that will fill the floor space or 7 or 10 gal smart pots. I have my sites set on a couple for a number of different reasons, what say you Overgrow!

• Greenpoint - Raindance
  • Greenpoint- Orange Blossom Special
  • Greenpoint- Sundae Stallion
  • OG Preservation- Bodhi Sunshine Daydream F2
  • OG Preservation- Greenpoint Cackleberry
  • Baked Beanz Marauder
  • Sebring- Dragon Tongue Fem CBD Auto
  • Sebring- Maui Sunshine
  • Sebring- Point Break
  • paintedfire420- Guava Hashplant x C99
  • paintedfire420- Doc Holiday x C99
  • Growhard- Unknown Mother x Snow Lotus v1 bx

0 voters

I’m also looking for why you voted on a given strain, bc I’m curious how everyone looks at these things. Thanks @ReikoX for being the first voter!

1 Like

Sounds like a good cross and the one @Baltimore grew is pretty frosty.

2 Likes

You gonna put 5 plants in 5g puts in a 3x3x7? F7uck and don’t let them get too tall. Lower your pot size to avoid overcrowding or put a 20 gal tote and one fem plant. Either way good luck. Put a carbon filter that matches the heat reduction and temp control.

Don’t listen to anyone. You seem to have a grasp. Let me know when 5 5gal go in a 3x3. If you run hid they’ll be so big. I’ll watching bro. Good luck.:call_me_hand:

2 Likes

I voted for Sebring’s Dragon Tongue.

Why an auto? It’s a new setup, and you don’t have a ton of room in a 3x3x7 space.

Why a CBD dominant plant? I’m hurting and I could use a good pain reliever.

On the other hand, if I were after something to kick my ass rather than ease the aches, I’d probably go with either Orange Blossom or Marauder.

3 Likes

He’ll yeah. That Marauder is a beast. GGxGDP. Bb’s did his thing with that one. I got some cbds I’d like to run as well. A fast auto would out some quick meds in jars. So that’s a plus. Good luck.:call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Yeah, ive actually been kicking around the idea of doing an auto run first, while at the same time working on germing some seeds and getting set up for a second run right behind the auto in order to get some flowers in as quickly as possible.

As much as I like the idea of running sebring gear & the dragon tongue, some heavier THC strains to get me started I think should be in the works. So much for me to consider here! Especially since I have 1/2 a brain to get a legal hemp permit here and run the Dragon Tongue fully legal as a hemp strain.

@sebring- I looked at the analysis on the DT, does it stay consistently below the .3% THC range or would I be running a pretty big risk through a legal hemp grow that it tests above the range? I remember seeing your post about the WA farm who ran your seeds for a legal hemp grow, was that Dragon tongue or something else?

2 Likes

Thanks man, yeah I’m thinking I’ll run 4 or 5 just so I can flower out as many as possible and start picking phenos on whatever I germ. After I posted I realized fitting 5 pots larger than 5 gals each may not even fit! I definitely plan to get into living soil, so I figured I needed to run bigger pot sizes. Not to mention I’ve run small pot sizes in the past and I’d much prefer not fighting root bound plants by the middle of flowering. And maxing out plant numbers can help reduce my veg time. Like I said, so much to be considering here! Not to mention, these plans are likely to change when I’m in the thick of it based on what is actually happening w the plants when I am growing.

Planning to have some updates to the room to share by the end of this weekend! Been sitting on it way too long and the next month or 2 are gonna be busy for me.

2 Likes

I hear ya brosef. I’m gonna be busy as shit for 10 yrs lol. I’m planning my next grow now. There’s a place that orders F.F soil. I’m not going through all that. Ima get perlite,ewc,potting soil, peat, Bag of rock dust. I started composting so I’ll build my soil outside. Got some pond liner. I’m gonna dig a square 5x5x3 pit pond liner. 4x4’s for top edging.

Just gonna add.my used indoor soil composting. Night crawlers. I’m thinking of building a bat shack. We have tons around here. Do like @Sebring said and camo a tote in the ground for guano collection. You could put a living soil tote indoors. Just gotta have the room. If not compost outside and adds to you mj soil. Later bud.
-J

1 Like

Yes, it seems to be. I’m starting some more for seeds soon, so I’ll keep testing them to see if it changes.

3 Likes

Got my electrical work done this weekend- wired in the 50 amp subpanel & 2 breakers. One 30 amp 220v that is wired to 2 junction boxes without outlets or anything yet. The 30 amp plugs & outlets amounted to something like $50/light. So I’m gonna look at options like wiring straight into a timer or controller or something else.

The 20 amp breaker has 3 normal 120v outlets. I used commercial, water resistant outlets. I am also going to wire in an overhead light or 2 on a switch, then the electrical will be done. Still debating whether to run that light switch on another 15 amp circuit or on the 20 amp I already have wired in. I definitely wont be drawing close to 50 amps with how I plan to set up the veg & flower areas, so another circuit with a light & outlet wont be a big deal. But right now I dont necessarily think I need that extra circuit.

Next step is drywall. Once the inside has walls, I can take better pics. No pics of the outlets & everything bc its impossible to take pics without seeing the entire basement. For security, I’m not going to post where you can see everything in the background.

2 Likes

Used hardboard instead of drywall. Funny that I’m taping like drywall, but using duct tape/gorilla tape for the seams to seal up light leaks.

Got my 7mil panda film in the mail today to line the walls with. I think I’ll tack it up using furring strips at the top and corners.

Popped some beans in paper towels. 9/10 dark sparks popped (still need to pot up 3 tonight), 5/5 @Sebring Dragon tongues popped, but only 1 out of 10 SSDD F2. Its been since Saturday, so hopefully I get a few more!

4 Likes

The SSDD seeds are a bit older at this point, so I wouldn’t expect them to pop for at least 5-10 days.

2 Likes

Long skinny room by the looks of it.?
Get some castor wheels (like the ones on shopping trolleys) and build a roro (roll-in roll-out) trolley for ease of access. Also keep your light(s) further back than you think you should.
Paint your walls any kind of white before applying the pandafilm.
And the big one.
Airflow brother. Blow the old stale shit out, and get clean, fresh, neutral air in. That’ll save a metric shittonne of heartbreak. Remember that hot air rises and cold air sinks Make sure that electrical board, and all other electrics are water-tight.
Most of all, enjoy!

3 Likes

Yeah I have about 3’x11’ to work with. Planning to flower in an area of 3x4 or 3x5.

Appreciate the input on airflow, its definitely not being overlooked, I’m just building everything step wise based on when I’m going to need those components. I figured I still have a few weeks til its critical I have all the fans installed.

What do you mean keep the lights further back? You mean higher above the canopy? Definitely learned that one already.

I’d definitely make the flower room at least 3 x 6. I’m doing a similar build soon but closing off full length of a bedroom creating a 4.5 x 1mtr space veg space say 1 x 1 leaving 3.5 x 1.0 for flower. Thinking I’ll use your idea of lining it in m.d.f then plaster over that on outside pandafil inside. Good work look forward to updates

1 Like

Havent posted in my room build out in a while, here are a few updates:

Got the panda film up at the end of the room where I plan to flower. Was running the viparspectra on the plants I started, things were fine for awhile, then the autos started flowering and everything just started generally stalling out. Leaves yellowing, no real growth, etc. Finally got my solstix built and fired up. See the photos below for updates

I think the viparspectra needs to be set and reset every couple of days based on height. Plants look decent in this pic, they got potted into 3 gals later and never really grew.

Solstix rack put together, I cut the rack and drilled the holes myself.

Wired up & fired up for testing

Pic of the room w the light hung and as-is right now.

Next few steps: need to set up a wall for the flower room- thinking some kind of tarp set up w a zipper so I can somewhat easily adjust size and location if I want to go bigger/smaller at some point in the future.

Need to set up my exhaust fan
Set up all the sonoff components I have
Might need to get a space heater since I’m running at about only 74 degrees right now.
Then veg areas, storage, etc needs to be built out. I have quite the project still needing to be finished up!

4 Likes

Info on my grow can be found here, will post some more updates about the plants and their growth here soon

2 Likes

Update: just ran the light thru a sonoff POW and 4chan

POW was only reading 189 watts when I had that little knob dimmer hooked up. Took it off and just capped the wires and now I’m running 320+ but I cant adjust it til I get the right dimmer

Next up is the th16 since I also mounted the exhaust fan and filter. Slowly but surely coming along. Work and holiday travel/schedules have me throwing time into this room whenever I can. Getting close to having all the major stuff taken care of.

6 Likes