New room build out

I’ll also mention I know my wiring isnt the cleanest/prettiest yet. Having seen some of the boxes others with built with the sonoff gear, thats the direction I’ll be headed, but I wanted everything wired up for the time being so I had a chance to work out the kinks first- like figuring out the dimmer wasnt working right.

3 Likes

So some small updates:

The morning after I set everything up, I checked on the room and the 240w driver wasnt running
Turns out the fancy cord I ordered when I bought the solstix had a bad connection. So I removed that cord and just wired in directly, I’ll need to re soder a connection on the cord I bought from sol strip. I’m now drawing 400+watts w the 240 and 120 watt drivers running at the same time.

@baudelaire until I install a dimmer, I’ll be running at full power. ~270w coming from the 240, ~130 coming off the 120. I have 6 regular x2 solstix on the 240 and 2 blue/red and 1 regular x2 running on the 120. By my math I’m at 43 and 45 watts per strip coming out of each driver so I shouldn’t have to worry about being over powered. Am I thinking about this correctly?

Also, w the bad connection in the cord, does that make sense that I jumped from 320w to >400 watts? It was the 240 driver w the bad cord connection.

Also, Happy New Year!

1 Like

Here’s the update from my room:

1. Reset the location of the fan & filter
  2. Cut an intake hole and covered it w a fabric pot (dont remember who’s tip that was or which thread I read that in, but I’m using it!)
  3. Fan now discharges outside the room
  4. Put up the zippered wall so I can now use it as a flower room easily.
  5. Messed w the light to lengthen the supply wire so that I could lower the light closer to the plants.

Next up: install my sonoff th16 to the exhaust fan. Start on shelves for veg area.

5 Likes

Scored some cabinets I’m repurposing. This one is 1x2x2.5’. Looks to me like a perfect veg cabinet for now, maybe something I can chuck pollen in the future…

3 Likes

Finally installed an outlet connected to my TH16. Started running a heater off of it to keep the room a bit warmer when the lights are on. I definitely need to pick up a more efficient heater like an oil filled radiator vs the infrared one I have now. That heater is 2x the power my light draws.

Gonna install another 4 chan (that amazon accidentally sent me an extra of) on the veg side, will add up a few photos tonight.