New to OG, my first indoor grow.

Welcome to OG @OGBohab! I personally owe much of what I know from this community. Awsome folks here. What you time got your light on? Are you flowering yet? Don’t ever trust what alot of those companies say about the lights power.

Here is a calculator to find your watts. On your light you will find the amps and the volts. Plug them in the calculator it will give you the watts. I made the same mistake.
Buy the time you get your sex I’m sad to say they are going to be growing into themselves so much your going to hate it. If I was you and you feel comfortable with it I would try to separate them now before the roots get to tangled. Two ways you can do it if you can get another person to help you it will be alot easier. Have someone support the soil at the top while you flip the bucket to remove the soil. Now you can try to remove the soil to try to separate or you could find a big knife and cut the soil into quarters. Each section per plant. Then repot them. They look very healthy. So I’m almost positive they can make it.

3 Likes

LOL I didn’t think you were poking fun. All the growth in the pic is from that little 100 watt light. I just got the hlg lights today. Thanks I’m liking it so far, hoping to see more growth this week.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info, used the table and it came out to 250 watts just like the rated spec. My cheap starter light came out to 138watts, so I was selling it short.Trust me I have already been thinking about splitting them up. Two seem to be showing sex just too small to determine which sex. The plant in the other pot by itself is feminized. I only have room for 1 more pot so I am thinking of splitting 2 out into another pot.

2 Likes

I wasn’t shure what model light you have. I’m happy the lights are on point. Companies have “as bright as 1000w” gimmicks that aren’t always true. It makes me sad when people believe they are buying something and ithe product don’t live up to the way it was advertised. Smh.
Did you flip your lights to 12 hours on/12 hours off?
I know it might sound like a dumb question. I overlooked the whole switch the light schedule thing when I was a teen and was wondering why I wasn’t growing buds. Lol.

2 Likes

I haven’t made the switch to 12/12 yet, I’m trying to let the solo plant catch up a little.
It is a week behind the others. The plants are only 4 and 1/2 weeks old so I got a little time yet.

3 Likes

When you do flip, be ready for the stretch. If you go to long on on veg cycle they will grow into your lights.

1 Like

Yeah expect them to be close to triple the size they are now. After you flip you should see the signs of sex after a week.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t veg to long in that little tent Brother. Instead grow several plants in smaller pots, you could wait til your plant shows sex, then as soon as you know she is a she you clone her. Either chop up most of the plant for cuttings or keep her as a mother plant for future cuttings. It’s fun to clone and you can take cuts every few weeks and always have something ready to bloom…

3 Likes

Yeah I hear ya, I’m letting them recover from splitting them up and for the new tops to grow in some more this week.
I topped 2 and FIM’d the others middle of last week. They are growing back in some have 2 mains, 1 has 3 and 1 I must have FIM’d just a little short because it looked like everything was growing back like normal. I topped that one today. I plan to let the roots grow back and for the tops to redevelop and LITFA this week. Then I was going to do 36hrs of darkness followed 12/12. I know they are going to stretch but I think only the one lone plant has the chance of growing into the lights. Time will tell.

As for cloning I’m not set up for that yet, and I want to go one step at a time here. Lets get some good results first type of thing. These are bag seeds from a dispensary. The plant by itself is a fem seed though MWCB or Shishkaberry from Sebring. I haven’t tried either yet.
When I do start to clone it will be a strain I know i want.

3 Likes

This would make good practice for when your ready to clone, work the bugs out now, instead of on what your wanting to keep. Just a thought.
:v:

3 Likes

Yeah I agree, take at least a couple of each. It’s not hard bro, some people make it a big deal… it’s not. Get you a clay pot( I think these work the best for this cuz the hold the water perfectly) and put some coco in it take some cuts, dip in rooting gel(5 bucks a lil bottle) and stick them in the coco about two inches deep. Water once at first again day, 4th day, 7th day check for roots day 10 you should have some if not wait a little longer just keeping the coco slightly moist. Separate them so they don’t tangle up quick.

1 Like

I’m not scared that cloning would be to difficult, I just don’t have the hormone, coco, or plug whichever I end up using. I also dont have a place set up with less light so I can dome them and let the roots grow back in.

This whole grow is a practice run. LOL If I’m happy with the results I will practice cloning the next run.
By the time that run finishes it will be to hot to grow inside where I am now. I can’t afford to run AC in that area. I will have to find some other locations for outdoor at that time and the plants would need to be clones that are ready to go straight to flower.

Cloning doesnt need all that, of course the way i do it cost a little to set up, but once you do, just a little fish food is all it cost. I got on those get rid of your stuff sites and found this for free.

A 55 gallon cloning machine,(fish tank), no rooting gels, just fish, plenty of bubbles under the stems to be cloned, a place for the fish to get some dark shuteye.
In tha day, i was using a 100 gallon tank, with a 100% succes rate. At 2 weeks the stem would have a mophead of roots up to 10"s long. I started back with a 10 gal. tank with some $12 walmart leds. It works. A under gravel filter is all you use. No filter things hanging on the back of tank. But you need plenty of bubbles, they are the key. But the smaller the fish tank, the more maintenance. Cost a little to set up, but well worth it. The only way ill ever clone. I use the water from the tank for the grow, in the nutrient mix. Best water ever. the fish tank naturial thru the undergravel micro-organisms buffers all the bad from the water and gives it a npk rating. A kiss from God… Check it out. If your just starting, this gives you something to think about, till your ready. Dont need a tent for it, plus you get to stare at fish.

This is my 10 gal. Tank

5 Likes

Whoa thanks,
I had never seen this method used on clones or cannabis before. I have seen people grow other herbs and such on top of their tanks.

Idk, you think one these might work as a cloner?(sarcasm)
I will definitely try doing it this way first. What does the undergravel filter do for the plant? I prefer air driven sponge filters. Your cups are just setting in a lid you made and hang into the water, correct? Sorry hard to see what’s going on with the blupurples.

6 Likes

That’s pretty cool brother! I’m gonna have to try that one myself

1 Like

Hey @TheBubbleKing thats an awesome way to clone. I’ve gotta question for ya that I’ve always wondered. Have you ever used the water that you siphon from the gravel from a fish tank cleaning? Or know someone that has to water plants? I would imagine it would be full of positive microbes for the soil.

1 Like

@LilJonB
So far that is the only water I have used on my plants. I use it because i know its PH and ppm, also that it is stable and dechlorinated. All my tanks have live plants so I don’t siphon up a ton of wastes from the gravel I leave it for my plants to use.

2 Likes

I ran undergravel fiters for 12 yrs.
1st- it eliminates the need for the hanging filters.
2nd- with the gravel thick enough(4"-6", the thicker the better) the micro-organisms eat all scrap food and waste byproducts turning it to plant food. The air bubbles from a tube at each back corner circulates all water down thru the gravel bringing all the the shit with it, where the microbes go to work. It isnt like gravel sitting on the bottom like with a hanging filter. The gravel, with current running thru it is a perfect environment for the microbes to colonize. Once the microbes are established, your water will all ways be clear. Watering my plants with the water is like forced water changes in the tank every two weeks. I never use more than half the water from the tank . I also run dwc. Which is imho the only way to do indoors.

Youll be glad you did. Youll start running every thing dwc. Tiny bubbles, got to love them

Its the only water I’ll use, when hou change over, you’ll see, taste, and feel the differance than with plain tap water

Correct, i start them with only about a 1/2" Of the stem in the water over the bubbles. I use stryfoam cups so i can tear off easy to get the plant out without hurting the new roots. 24hr light tho, youll need to set up caves for the fish to hide in and get sleep with no bubbles.
The blurples i just finished hanging and was using the chains i had on them. Today I’ll put on new chain and adjust, install my undergravel filter and cave system from flagstone. Then trasfer fish and water from my smaller

4 Likes

You make me want to set-up a new fish tank. I’ve been moving around to much to have one lately.