***No Till Or Die Trying (3x3 and 2x4 living soil beds)***

I would think if you dont overgrow your pots the more roots the better, its a symbiotic relationship

1 Like

I’m certainly not sleeping with my plants, or feeding 200 gallons of soil with my kitchen scraps, so I’m sure it seems wholly unnatural to you. :wink: I top-dress regularly with a bagged fertilizer made of all-natural ingredients, give them a compost tea at the same time and let the microbes go to town. They seem to like it, for the most part.

This might qualify as overgrowing my pots. :stuck_out_tongue: I guess I’m not gonna have real living soil any time soon, anyway, but it is active microbially.

8 Likes

Room enough for vetch for sure!
It’s for chopping and dropping the moment the vetch starts flowering anyway.
Think of it as living fertilizer/nutrition, they don’t take anything away from the cannabis at all.
Let a a few of them live their full life cycle, then you can harvest the beans so you don’t need to keep buying them. Once harvested you have again mulch.

3 Likes

Hmm. It’s worth running an experiment, at least. :slight_smile: I’m already doing an experiment with my clones this grow, so it would have to be next, but I can try one in a pot with vetch and one without, varying only that. I’ll see how they turn out and go from there. Any particular kind of beans you recommend? Looks like vetch encompasses ~170 species.

2 Likes

My vetch is “Vicia sativa” from a company called “les semailles”, I guess whatever you can get that was grown organically is good enough. It’ll be different all over the world.

3 Likes

Finally got around to throwing together the 3x3 round 1 tribute video.

If you feel up to wasting 15 mins and 24 seconds of your life then take a puff, kick back and relive round 1 with me :+1: :crazy_face: :+1:

10 Likes

Awesome to see it all together like that!

3 Likes

Ya its always fun to see. I guess I should add that in the end I got 1.5 lbs (681g) after heavy trimming. Galaxy 239, Roze Cookies 245, Afgoo 114 and Blood Lotus at an earth shattering 83 lol. If the front 2 were not runts, it would have been an EZ PZ 2 pounds. We shall see how the next few rounds go :+1:

Cant wait to grow out some of the crosses I made from these.

7 Likes

Nice work! You would hear no complaints from me on that yield :yum:

2 Likes

Epic! Love the video

1 Like

I somehow missed out on your thread but was very cool to watch the whole grow in a few minutes! Thanks for sharing that. And a very nice yield.

1 Like

@wbSamadhi @deeez99 Hey thanks guys! Ya its nice to have an overview/tribute video of the grow like I have done in the past with my other diaries. Complete with some quirky metal remix Dragon Ball Z boss music and a few metal remix Mega Man and Sonic songs as well heh.

Plenty more cycles to come! :+1: :evergreen_tree: :green_heart: :evergreen_tree: :+1:

5 Likes

2x4 update.

I said screw it and just cut the plants down in there a couple days ago, no since in taking them a week or 2 longer since those gnats had upset them by chewing on the roots at the worst time in flower and held them back anyways.

Dry it, press it and move on…I need the elbow room and some time to wage war on these little monsters so I can hopefully toss a bunch of little plants in there without the worry of them getting tore up right away.

6 Likes

Ever since I started really cropping out, if something is off I feel less bad about just doing a reboot like this. Best to nip the bugs in the bud and start strong next time.

2 Likes

Cool video man. I watched the whole thing. :+1:
Fun to watch. :slightly_smiling_face: :v:
Good job. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

If you push your finger into the topsoil and it sticks to your finger then it’s too wet! :smile:
The plants can easily handle dry top soil up to the depth of your pinky finger.
Draught is easiest way to get rid of gnats.

2 Likes

Killer garden dude!that roze cookies and galaxy look real nice im sure some great smoke loving the beds been trying to mimic no till in the 20 gallons have done alright with them but cant wait to get into a bed im sure it will take some adjusting but will be worth being able to see them more full expression.Will be following along happy growing :seedling:

1 Like

Any progress with the gnats?

2 Likes

Hey thanks bud! I have not tried the Roze Cookies yet myself, but my buddy says its possibly the best herb he has tasted heh. Ya these beds are pretty fun to mess with, I need to get mine dialed in a bit more still though. :+1:

3 Likes

Progress indeed! My head had been up my ass a bit, but yes the gnats are 99% toast in the 2x4 now I would say. I am going to be doing some work in there tonight and/or tomorrow to start getting it ready for reamend, cover crop etc. Going to take baby steps since I am still paranoid lol. I think this run in the 2x4 may just be some seeding/breeding, cant tell sex on my CBD plants at the moment so that’s a bit lame, but I want to throw a bunch of them in there, clone and flip so I can pollenate them and keep moving along.

Its a rough situation because I would really like to grow a full 4x4 of CBD right about now, but I will have to wait till this 4x4 round is over and hopefully toss a some CBD clones in there. Who knows, plans can change day to day min to min lol.

6 Likes