Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 2)

5 Likes

5 Likes

2 Likes

6 Likes

4 Likes

Another skull watch.

Skull w:eyes

6 Likes

I’ve been teaching myself to pick locks as physical therapy from my stroke 5 years ago. I had lost much of the fine motor control in my left hand, but it’s slowly coming back. Feeling the movement of the pick and torque bar is a real serious challenge for me, but I have been getting better. Slowly, very slowly. This is a nice illustration of how many modern locks work.

How a lock works

15 Likes

Information, time & knowledge clocks

10 Likes

I dabble in this too and it’s an enjoyable challenge.

3 Likes

The second season of the animated television series The Simpsons originally aired on the Fox network between October 11, 1990, and July 11, 1991,

Wikipedia :point_up_2: Ned Flanders appears in season two

First published by puffin publishing in 1991

I thought this was a little weird. I might be a little bit high. :rofl::grin::laughing:

1 Like

honor and celebrate what would have been Roald Dahl’s 100th birthday, the quarterly update to the Oxford English Dictionary includes a range of words that you might have first discovered while reading one of Dahl’s classic books. Alongside words like “splendiferousness” and “frightsome” is a delightful word often used to describe completely delicious food: scrumdiddlyumptious.

Scrumdiddlyumptious was made famous by Dahl’s Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Well, close the books on this one boys. I am most certainly high lol

6 Likes

Before Mrs. mota was Mrs. mota, she put on an annual memorial film festival. Attendees would vote ahead of the festival, and the winning 12 films would be shown over the course of 3 days. The last festival, which I was involved in, was the Roald Dahl Memorial Film Festival. It was a dandy. :+1: He was a talent for the ages.

@breadwinner, thank you for this post, high (preferable, imo) or not (a sad state of affairs). G8PxQ8j

4 Likes

7 Likes

9 Likes

8 Likes

6 Likes

4 Likes

10 Likes

It’s disturbing how easy it is to pick most locks. My buddy years ago was training as a locksmith and he hit me off with some picks and a crash course. Less than a week later another buddy locked himself out of his apartment and it was pathetic how easily I and quickly I got it open. I haven’t picked many but I also haven’t come across one I couldn’t open yet which is disturbing for how little experience I have. My upstairs neighbor a few years back locked himself out and that was when I discovered how easy it would be to get into my apartment as well :grimacing:

11 Likes

I was taught by a locksmith 40 years ago. Takes about 20 seconds with most locks, some even faster. But there are locks that are hard to pick like magnetic locks and smart locks. But these also can be picked with the right tools and a little practice.
The bottom line is if a pro wants in there isn’t much you can do to stop them short of killing them or recording them with hidden camera’s.

11 Likes