Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 2)

Fun fact:

In my 20’s my girlfriend at the time had a south american friend that had a weird situation:

“My neighbor moved and asked us to look after his Iguana while it happened. He was supposed to be back in a month but it’s now been 6 and we have no way to find him. I need to find a home for this thing or my Father will kill and eat it.”

And that’s how I ended up adopting a 4 foot lizard with razor claws and no interest in people.

I have no idea how old he was when I got him and how old he was when he passed away BUT he had a solid and loving 4 years with me and was always a bastard about eating his fucking salad!

9 Likes

1 Like

a friend in georgia had one he built a cage for it along the wall of his livingroom the thing was at least 4 feet long then and that was 20 years ago

2 Likes

That was what I had to do. I got 4’x4’ melamine boards and made up a 4x4 box that was fully watertight after caulking. Having no money or space but not letting this guy get eaten I lost 1/3 of my bedroom for those 4 years with my Banded Tiger Salamander’s tank now on top of the Iguana pen.

Totally worth it.

3 Likes

Had one when I was 15 and kept it in an air free tank (the kind with gloves cemented in) that i found at the side of the road.

1 Like

Ok…you lost me here.

2 Likes

It’s like a vacuum chamber with gloves glued in for workability. Like 2x2x4. I didn’t want to guess what they were doing with it is just saw it at the side of the road and went “terrarium.”

2 Likes

Ahh, ok…gotcha.

I wanted to build one of those things when started growing mushrooms years ago to keep everything sterile. Worked also without so yeah… I did not built one lol

1 Like

I like to think they were growing a superbug but I never did find out. No superbug illness here!

1 Like

like this ?

4 Likes

We had brunch with friends on Sunday and their kids new thing are huge snails now.

I also have a smaller terrarium laying around. My kids will be stunned I guess :laughing:

3 Likes

Yeah except made of plexiglass and sketchier.

3 Likes

Those are some large snails. Good eatin’

3 Likes

Why do the French eat snails?

Because they hate fast food! :rofl:

3 Likes

Nah, not my cup of tea haha but I have to admit that I haven’t tried some yet

1 Like

I was snorkeling in Malpais Costa Rica and found a beautiful big shell, so like an idiot I grabbed it. Got back to the hotel and showed it to the locals managing it and they told me they were great to eat. I didn’t even realize it was occupied. So she cooked it and I ate it…and they were right.

1 Like

“I’ve had worse. Come on, you pansy”

2 Likes

There’s got to be a Steve Martin joke in here, somewhere.

3 Likes

Okay, I feel like I’m in a 1970’s Catholic Church.

4 Likes