Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 3)

6 Likes

6 Likes

4 Likes

1 Like

#1 is what needs to happen, while #2 will be of no use to you if #3 is the ultimate goal. i have some of my tongue left after biting it so often keeping my political ideations out of the thread. i find myself just scrolling on threads that in any other forum would elicit a response and probably an argument of some sort. that is the beauty of this site, and yes, there are some liberal views that come out, but that is because it is the way to act toward others, not because it is the “accepted political view” of the site.

in fact, there are many right wing or conservatives here, and i think i may have offended most of them in my short time at the new og, although i try real hard not to. i like the tone of this site and the only way to keep it as it is is to continue doing what they have been doing. i live in wv, the heart of idiot country, and manage to maintain close personal friendships with some in the gop, ass mostly we have the exact same ideals, but different thoughts on how to get there.

so, welcome to the forum, and if we ever meet, i’ll sit down and have a drink or a smoke with you, no matter how stupid or dangerous i think your ideas are. some of mine are also dangerous, but mainly to the system, not the people. either way, unless you are one of the people in charge of a political arena, you are one of us, and it really is ‘us against them’. they just like to stoke things up to keep us divided so they can continue to rule in peace. it works extremely well, especially when the gop does it. have a nice growing experience.

4 Likes

“You poor people aren’t the problem! It’s those other poor people coming to take your jobs that are the problem.”

Nothing new here.

2 Likes

why would it be new? the same old things have worked for centuries, so why change it now. also, if anyone is an activist, as i used to be, here is a website with good information on first aid and opsec.

2 Likes

I’m reading a book about American history through the lens of strikes and it’s fascinating.

White unions afraid of imported black and Mexican labourers because it undercuts the legitimacy of skilled white labour. Division.

It would make more sense to include them in the union, but nope.

3 Likes

look up the battle of blair mountain in wv. the first time the us employed the military on us citizens, i think. first time it used airplanes to bomb it’s own people anyway. i know a descendant of one of the leaders.

What im seeing mostly is local police forces becoming part of corporate militia to squash dissent.

1 Like

Ever tried to sell a diamond? They are intrinsically worthless. I was surprised when a family friend was looking at jewelry in a pawn shop. She didn’t see anything she liked and the owner brought out “the bucket”. When people pawned broken or damaged jewelry, they just pop the diamonds off into the bucket and melt the gold bands down for scrap. She ended up walking out with 3 blingin ass stones that weighed a little over 3 karats for around $200. She had them set into her wedding ring for next to nothing.

The only way your are recouping your money on diamonds is through insurance if they get stolen.

4 Likes

@Foreigner
Look up the MOVE bombing in W.Philadelphia.
I was raised just outside of the city of Phila. And when this happened it shocked everyone that the police would do such a thing. The people of MOVE were essentially radical in their thinking but non-violent in their actions.

2 Likes

let’s not forget how bad it was to be african american in 1919 either, i forgot how many atrocities happened then but it was a lot. and the whiskey rebellion early in the country, not to mention how we nearly eradicate native americans after stealing almost everything they had. this country is not good unless you are a certain group, and that group has a tendency to change makeup to a small degree but always manages to retain control. the only ones who have consistently had it good were rich white folks.

i better stop, it’s getting close to political…

Some planets rain diamonds, it’s de beers fault for conning newlyweds back in the day and still do today.

6 Likes

My tongue is bloody and raw.

3 Likes

Ok, just stop dude. We DO want you here. But, you’re only being confrontational at this point. That is something we DON’T want.
I’m willing to disregaurd you’re previous comments and start anew, are you? :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

Also in the tongue biting club, also much happier for it overall. If I wanted to hear baffling things and argue with insane people reddit will always be there. OG is the sanctuary from that.

Also children should not be in Hooters, drag shows, and especially not those beauty pageants regardless of someone’s opinions on drag. So if kids aren’t there and no one is making you be there against your will there’s zero reason to give a shit that it’s happening (drag shows, everyone should be against those pageants).

3 Likes

I remember that. It was all over national news for at least a week. I agree, it was a serious shock. As I recall, however, it was not “just” a police thing, it was Philly’s municipal administration in conjunction with the police. And afterwards, the city’s administration made all sorts of excuses for what they had done.

5 Likes

4 Likes