Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 3)

Yeah. It’s stupid. We were fortunate enough to inherit Mrs Foreigner’s ring so it’s both nice and an heirloom.

“Could I interest you in a very expensive useless rock?” What a scam.

2 Likes

The exact opposite, as I read it. You didn’t get ripped off, because your money is as worthless as the diamonds. This seems more relevant than usual, as we watch banks collapse around us with every step because their money isn’t real, just data on a spreadsheet. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Good thing I don’t have any then :joy:

3 Likes

Only inherently worthless. Keeping within the construct of currency, diamonds and money are worth a lot, just not intrinsically.

1 Like

i will start relying on the good ol barter system ei. i know some one tha just harvested 1000+ grams do the math at 5-10$ a gram strictly speaking for a friend…lol

1 Like

8 Likes

no they’re not, industrial diamonds are very important in manufacturing. not nearly what cosmetic diamonds are worth due to artificial scarcity by debeers, but not intrinsically worthless. cosmetic diamonds also have intrinsic value as decorations, just not as much as food.

i’ve seen similar misconceptions around the argument of wants vs. needs in some comments. just because you don’t need it does not mean it is a want. mental health is also health and some things folks have called wants can actually improve mental health and contribute to longevity, putting it on the same plane as food. but i veered off track, sorry.

3 Likes

I got the diamond for my wife’s ring off a saw at Home Depot.

And…you lost me.

2 Likes

The winner of the 2023 Cadbury Bunny Tryouts.

3 Likes

Just like the humane society to try to pull a fast one.

2 Likes

I’d hardly call stapling ears on a cat “Humane”.

2 Likes

2 sided tape that has never been tested on animals…until now.

1 Like

Well it looks like they fired a staple in the cats right eye before they taped.

2 Likes

It’s winking at you longingly.

2 Likes

rambling thoughts are sometimes incoherent.

2 Likes

I’m not opposed to your comment but would like some clarification

1 Like

They seek to repress desires within themselves that “they” feel are wrong. Probably due to the parenting or religious training received in adolescence. These religious institutions, such as the Catholic Church (I count myself amongst their victims) have been inherently wrong for centuries. Ask Galileo, Da Vinci, Capurnicus etc. the world is neither flat nor the center of the universe. And 100,000 plus alter servers can’t be wring

3 Likes

Nothing wrong with being wrong. Suppressing things that violate your divine legitimacy, not cool.

You sir are a very lucky man!

A woman comfortable in her own skin that truly knows what value is, is a truly rare and precious thing!

4 Likes

Yeeah… so much for being ‘done here’

1 Like