Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 4)

9 Likes

8 Likes

5 Likes

I did not realize that a bust includes the shoulders, it’s not just the head. Thank you for that bit of trivia.

1 Like

ROFLMAO

Pot leaf hopper

1 Like

Art major…til we moved and it wasnt available near here… so Changed to Psychiatry/Child Development!

2 Likes

Cat trap

4 Likes

3 Likes

5 Likes

it isn’t comparing now to then, it’s saying that then they said the exact same things as now. it only looks like it’s worse because we focus on the bad. it is actually safer now than it ever has been but we often reminisce about how we could leave our doors unlocked back then. my daughter’s door doesn’t even lock. hell, it doesn’t matter though, just a different perspective. and just because a study says it doesn’t mean it’s right. as far as defining morals, the wife and i just had a discussion the other day about morals vs. ethics. i was wrong in my views on ethics so i may not be the best one to define anything for you. enjoy the weekend!

2 Likes

When he told me about it, it must have been around 1981 82, after I did a lot of metal finishing on his 380 Suzuki low rider which he had built. Pretty much the only bit that was original was the engine, the rest was fabricated in his lunch hours at BA in farnborough. He told me they used a laser to drill the hole down through the center of the bit.

2 Likes

i did not realize that they had lasers that could do that at that time. wow.

2 Likes

7 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

I prefer no nipples on my partial mannequin.

1 Like

Sounds like a nice rounded education.

6 Likes

2 Likes

6 Likes

both things could be true: overall morals could be better and they could be worse than 10 or a 100 years ago
non related graphic just to show the point
oro

And my opinion (going back to the original point) is that religion is the main reason morals improved over time and the lack of faith is a big reason of the recent decay of morality.

If you take suicide for example not everybody sees it as inmoral, the church does and suicide rate has gone thru the roof. Teachers are being beaten up at schools by students.

1 Like