Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 5)

2 Likes

not superconductors per se, just this particular room temperature superconductor. i could be wrong here, but this one is pretty random, hard to replicate, and not sure how or why it works but the math says it should and it has worked, although the structure suggests it isnā€™t that efficient or something like that.

because youā€™re one of the ones who see it as intended, not the 50 odd million who think heā€™s right and want it to return to that period.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t see anyone missing the point. No one even commented until you did. It was just a meme meant to be funny.

3 Likes

Theyā€™re not yet because itā€™s still unproven, but this is referring to a particular superconductor that supposedly works at room temperature and at ambient pressure. If thatā€™s true, that unlocks 100% efficient electricity transmission, which massively reshapes the world for countless powerful corporations that are set up to efficiently capitalize on inefficient electricity transmission. If LK-99 really works and can be generated at mass scale, itā€™s going to be a hot-button political topic very soon. Lots of powerful peopleā€™s fortunes will depend on restricting it, and lots of people will want to make fortunes using it. It could also make hoverboards a reality, which there should be no arguments about whatsoever. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I often hurt my head when I do it.

3 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

Fair enough. I didnā€™t realize it was such a hot topic.

2 Likes

6 Likes

iā€™m going to say one more thing on it before dropping it because it is most decidedly political. there are folks in high places who use memes like this to push agendas in one direction or another in fact, there are folks playing games directing things the way they want them. think cambridge analytical type think tanks and firms that use psyops and propaganda for profit.

thatā€™s why itā€™s so important to keep this place politically neutral, but even the most innocuous things are actually political. not that this one was, iā€™m not saying that and i donā€™t have that kind of skills to find them all anyway, but iā€™ve been shown some that are pretty damned close and once you start looking for them you find them everywhere and you also find that there are many legitimate memes that are close. thatā€™s why they work so well.

i posted one that i knew was close a while back and have come to the conclusion that it was right that i got called out on it. i even called one out that i agreed with.

4 Likes

Outta likes, but I donā€™t want to space on commenting. What you say is my understanding too, limited though I may be on the technical stuff. It appears this room fucking temperature superconductor may actually happen. Shit, it could happen in my lifetime, and at 73. Iā€™m not here for that much longer. It could change so much. Of course, with the caveats you noted, @Cormoran.

3 Likes

If offended- take it up IN PRIVATE through PMā€™s with the posterā€¦

Just went through all this a week agoā€¦O.G wanted this kind of stuff to stopā€¦

NO ONE mentioned him as a hero, role model etcā€¦ so why drag it out!?

4 Likes

iā€™m not offended by any of it, never was and probably never will be. that doesnā€™t mean i want to see it all over the damned forum thatā€™s supposed to be politically neutral, thatā€™s why i drag it out! if nobody knows itā€™s a dog whistle but me, then it makes this a tacitly approved old boys club and i am not gonna stand for it. i avoid posting anything that is political, and i will try to help make sure others do as well. this one may not be, and in probably isnā€™t, but it helps desensitize folks to the ones that are. if nobody is on the lookout for them, they have a tendency to sneak in. then when theyā€™re all over the place, someone sees one and gets offended and rightly so. the other ones all over the place that are so similar are then used as an excuse.

2 Likes

I liked your post because of this line. Weā€™re both too mature to be arguing on the internet. I come to this thread to turn my brain off and enjoy the humor. I agree that some are borderline and there may even be posts that are pushing an agenda, but the vast majority are just funny memes, observations or facts like Phil posts. Iā€™d like to believe that if someone were truly offended, they would just flag it and move on.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Do those come with matching ball gagā€™s.

4 Likes

Asking for a friendā€¦

3 Likes

If you get the red one, the mouth shield is included. :grin:

2 Likes