Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 5)

Having a larger brain can be an evolutionary liability. Power consumption, more calories.

2 Likes

Yep, koalas have the lowest brain to body mass ratio, and it’s smooth so less surface area as well. May not be the smartest animal, but allows them to survive off a very nutrient poor diet.

3 Likes

It’s true, I’ve been out of school for slightly more than 30 years, but I’d need to see at least one serious peer reviewed paper to accept that.

3 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

WHEN MOSES IS YOUR CAPTIAN

3 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

In the early 1990s, Stonemasons secretly added an alien to the gargoyles of Paisley Abbey in Scotland

5 Likes

1 Like

5 Likes

5 Likes

2 Likes

I’ll find you several… The Romans were notorious for this…but did not invent it.
When a conquering hoard enters a place and takes it over, they kill the men and older women, enslave the young males, and rape all the women to ensure that all the children born there were of their own heritage…
Was done to the native Americans, The People of color that were enslaved, and the Romans were ORDERED not to return until every woman is ‘‘raped and impregnated by a Roman Soldier’’.

2 Likes

I read a book called something like “rape: a natural history” and the takeaway was that even in modern armies rape was encouraged as a team building exercise. No joke.

2 Likes