Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 5)

1 Like

2 Likes

I’m 8 years old in this picture. I think we had a different TV with a smaller screen before this one, but this is the earliest one I clearly remember and have a picture of. I grew up in Los Angeles. We had three TV stations, but the television itself, I believe, had thirteen positions. That always mystified me. And, of course, it was an up off your ass manual channel changes box.

This was in our den. The toy building with the door in it is made of hard plastic Lego building blocks. Those Legos had tiny imperfections in their faces to simulate real bricks. I think the other building with what appear to be white walls was perhaps a plastic gas station. I just don’t remember.

Those are Dinky Toys that I’m playing with. I loved those toys. Made in England, they pre-date Hot Wheels, and were much more detailed.

On a little different note, have you ever heard a traffic reporter refer to a “Sig Alert?” The Sig Alert was born in LA in 1955, just a little before the photograph.

6 Likes

This is neither my hand nor my fig, though figs will be coming ripe soon here. The person who posted the photo said it was the first fig of the season.

I love figs! Do you know that figs are unique in that the flower is on the inside of the fruit, as you can see here. Figs are pollinated by a small wasp.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Never have truer words been spoken.

1 Like

That was how we all wanted to trick out our bikes in 1972.

1 Like

I actually was a party clown for a short period when I was a teenager and this just made me laugh so hard :joy: u r so funny @mota

1 Like

That was a long time ago now but I still can’t help myself every time I see one of those long balloons I blow it up and make some random animal lol. The nieces and nephews think it’s neat. Last time I tried I almost passed out.

1 Like

I have 2 fig trees in ground, 2 in pots and 3 different strains here on my property in central Illinois…here’s my smallest one in cottage cheese container with figs on it…

8 Likes

That’s really awesome! I’ll bet they’re really delicious, lucky you! :yum:

7 Likes

4 Likes

Oh man!
I just throwed a few hundred Kilo to the compost pile!
I just eat a few in a week and my girl don’t like them at all.
Last year she was making some marmelade from the figs, as a gift for neighbours etc. and it turned out hard to find somebody in this area, who don’t own too many figs :grin:

So if you ever come to Spain - be my guest and it my figs :smile:

5 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

8 Likes

That is the face my wife gives me when I’m trying to answer a gardening question and she doesn’t like the answer haha.

2 Likes