Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 5)

i doubt that price. i know a lot of folks that would climb it daily for $100 and jump off when they get done.

2 Likes

Wasn’t it 10.000 $ per climb? Last time i saw that posted somewhere I believe it was 10.000 $ lol

1 Like

I like calling people clown shoes. There’s just a ring to “you fuckin clown shoe”.

Wow and oddly just a few posts down from what I was responding to this thread went clown crazy for a minute. Nice play universe.

5 Likes

Every six months this man in South Dakota climbs this communication tower to change the light bulb. He is paid $20,000 per climb.May 6, 2023

Google search news article.

3 Likes

someone’s getting ripped off then. i’d do it for half that.

2 Likes

It’s a 2 hour climb with up to 60mph winds.

Not to mention the sudden stop at the bottom :slight_smile:

3 Likes

3 Likes

7 Likes

8 Likes

it also sways probably up to 10-15 feet or more so it doesn’t break. 2 up, change the bulb, 2 down, yeah, i’d do it for half, maybe 5k if i had more than 20 lined up through the year.

He does it for a living, so my guess is his insurance is probably 20% or more of each climb as well. Plus he probably has to have regular physicals, training, etc.

I had to climb an 8 foot step ladder to get on the roof of one side of my house and almost had to have the fire department come get me down.

I hate heights.

5 Likes

12 Likes

4 Likes

Where’s the bacon?!?!?!

5 Likes

i’ve done 600’, but that was scaffolding but have climbed a few towers for fun, although not nearly that high, but that wasn’t tied off either. probably 300’ or so. my limit jumping in the water is 100’. did a bridge in fl and that 110’ mark just got to me for some reason. i think it was because it was the rail. oh, and i jump out of planes for fun. heights don’t bother me much, but i can’t stand ladders believe it or not.

3 Likes

Very impressive! G8PxQ8j

The tallest pole I ever climbed was a 120’ yarder tower. The backline had jumped the sheave and got jammed up between the sheave’s outer wall and the shell. I wore a climber’s harness that was tied to the haywire that lifted me to the top. I used a 3lb maul to beat the slacked backline back over the hump and into the sheave’s swale. It wasn’t particularly difficult, more heart-pounding in a major way. As I recall it took me about 15 minutes.

The thing about this journey up the tower was the setting we were working at had a clear view of the mouth of the Columbia River, from the ground. For the short time I was at the tower top I had an even more awesome view of the mouth! Generally speaking, it was one of the most beautiful settings I ever worked on.

I would be thrilled to have the opportunity to step out of a perfectly good airplane in flight. Mrs. mota has and loved it! Go fast, turn hard!

6 Likes

I did a 60’ cliff jump and that was enough for me.

2 Likes

8 Likes

6 Likes

3 Likes