Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 5)

No joke as a kid they tried to lure me into a white panel van with cheap candy and as an adult they tried to lure me in with wine.

I don’t consume either of those things anymore.

2 Likes

You mean a sociopath :rofl: muahhha

3 Likes

I do not accept your black and white definition of right and wrong. The world is much more
complicated than that. What ego you have to oversimplify things to meet your own self serving judgements.

This was the thrust of my insanity defence.

4 Likes

I have more jokes, but I feel like they’re the “get in trouble” type so I won’t haha

3 Likes

I took the candy and ran.

3 Likes

They only offered me crackers…

Although I shit you not, if you stayed after mass on Sunday they had little desserts and a giant thing of koolaid for all the kids haha.

2 Likes

I’m at least a third generation atheist. That’s a question that thankfully I could only guess at! Praise the Lard! (I do loves me some food!)

In my childhood home, most of the discussion around the kitchen table at supper was designed by my parents to teach me (and my sisters before me) to think critically. Possibly the very best gift they could have given to me. I see it as an adjunct to atheism.

3 Likes

Crackers what kinda of Pederast is that.

“He’s a pederast dude” ~Walter Sobchak

1 Like

Fun fact, before parchment paper was invented they used communion wafers of various sizes as a base for some German (and probably others) cookies because they don’t stick. Lebkuchen I had recently still do.

3 Likes

Drinking the Kool-Aid. That’s a bad sign…

4 Likes

I’m inclined to agree but being exposed to it was very good vaccination. Like cowpox.

3 Likes

I actually thought I might go through the morning without learning anything.

1 Like

Especially if you have no sugar.

1 Like

Outta likes.

Absolutely. Of course, a person can’t help but be exposed to religious mumbo-jumbo no matter where they live.

When I was about 8 or maybe 10, I insisted I should go to Sunday school. My folks were like, we think you are nuts, but okay. They enrolled me in a Protestant Sunday school and I went. I went one day. After the class when they picked me up, they asked me how it was. I was like “That was the dumbest hour I have ever spent!” I can’t imagine they were anything but proud.

2 Likes

Stick together? Are they basically sugar cookies?

1 Like

No still have the wafers and don’t stick to the sheet. They are more like a chocolate almond paste spice cookie. We only get them in the holiday season. Not sure I’d want to eat them all the time but they’re very nice a couple times a year.

2 Likes

A chocolate spice marzipan cookie? I love marzipan, and agree that all the time would be too much. I’d end up hating marzipan.

2 Likes

I’d say marzipan-esque. Almondy and sugary but not straight marzipan.

1 Like

Please speak English, I think your talking about me. :rofl:

2 Likes

2 Likes