Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 8)

5 Likes

4 Likes

8 Likes

2 Likes

Bidet

3 Likes

3 Likes

7 Likes

Come on, it’s LSU.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I went to LSU!

2 Likes

Awesome back story man. I have to confess, I didn’t know the history there. Fascinating and amazingly influential. As a kid, I remembered being enamored with cassette recording. Recorded off the radio, recorded everything. -pretended I was an announcer. In my senior year of high-school I landed a gig working at a radio station in a semi-engineering role. (I was an equipment grunt :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

Cutting and splicing in production was the way. Razor blades everywhere…. My whole world was blown open by the magic of multi-track recording and what one could do in production with those capabilities.

I ended up at a station with an amazing 8-track and eventually a 16-track rig. They even had a fully functional midi in a time where that sampling ability was truly exotic.

2 Likes

FB_IMG_1715294055831

2 Likes

LOL! Alfred Nobel invented dynamite and did not blow himself up. But LOL any way!

4 Likes

I knew someone here had to have graduated from there!

2 Likes

I thought y’all would catch that!

1 Like

We’re all over the country. I went to LSUS. It’s an extension in Shreveport.

2 Likes

FB_IMG_1715294184176

9 Likes

There’s an amazing documentary about Tom called Tom Dowd and the Language of Music. What a life that man led! Ferret it out and watch it. I feel really confident in saying that you will not be disappointed!

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes