Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 8)

Not running out of money?

I feel like saying “it doesn’t work that way” but if you look at the mechanisms holding the systems in place, you’d be hard pressed to believe it doesn’t. There’s no money in the world. It’s pure fiction. It’s assigned worth to your actions, represented at some point by the scarcity of an ugly soft metal, then cheapened further by paper bills.

People amassing gold and silver are probly doing good, and think they’re going to fair better generations down the road, but I don’t think ingots are ever going to be worth as much as food or water. That’s real currency

3 Likes

16 Likes

11 Likes

I believe that in very short order, possibly in my lifetime, water will be by far the most monetarily valuable thing everywhere, and that won’t be based on a tacit agreement by users, as is the case with money, gems, precious metals, etc.

It’s interesting. In a way, language and traditional valuables are very similar. Both are based on tacit agreements amongst their users. In language, users agree that a particular sound means a particular thing. For money/valuables, users must agree that the item is, in fact, worth something.

5 Likes

Numbers and assigned values… wild eh, @Pigeonman

3 Likes

Yeah, he’s written a bunch of great songs, including one of my two favorite Christmas songs. David Bowie covered a song of his. I don’t remember which one.

3 Likes

6 Likes

5 Likes

2 Likes

Yes they have. Boeing too. Oops…

Winners don’t know they’re in a race, they just love to run. - Simon Wilder

5 Likes

I have a friend who’s met Morrison and Hendrix…her mother dated Jim Morrison…

4 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

8 Likes

7 Likes

It is rumored when they got up to speed, Geronimo yelled Hashpants!

4 Likes