Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 8)

4 Likes

Wow the queen looks really different.

3 Likes

The caption is right. You can’t fix stupid… but you can fact-check yourself to avoid sharing obviously political misinformation, please. :roll_eyes:

What’s True
This photograph shows an electric car charging at a diesel generator in 2018.

What’s False
This image does not depict a typical circumstance for electric vehicles. The photograph was taken in the Australian outback, not the United States, where gas stations are scarce (and electric charging stations are even scarcer). The picture documents a privately-funded project, not one backed by a major electric car company, and the diesel fuel used provided the equivalent of 42 MPG, not 5.6. By the time of this writing in 2021, the charging station (dubbed the “Chargepod”) was running on biodiesel fuel.

6 Likes

Almost, but not quite. True the reserve bank will pay the note’s value in proportion to the % remaining (>20%), eg. $5 value for half of a $10 banknote.

But, if you took half a note into the shops and tried to use it you would rightly be told to f**k off :rofl:

8 Likes

I’ll give you a half a bank note for a half pack of cigarettes.

4 Likes

With the price of tobacco here it would have to be a :100:

2 Likes

9 Likes

Cigaretteflation!

3 Likes

Yep 73.3% of the purchase price is tax.

1 Like

Probably better off growing ur own weed and smoking it and a lot healthier…

6 Likes

Yeah… Luckily here, there are a lot of off brands (Draig’s been smoking since he was 13!)
And, Luckily, Draig is down to 1 pack a day… because the Marlboro’s he USED to smoke 2 packs a day of are up to over $10 a pack- and they are RAISING the tax by another $2 at the end of the Year…
He switched brands- so they are $3 less.

Suuure- give free needles to heroin addicts, but force nicotine addicts to quit by raising prices… makes total sense…

According to the National Institute of Health:
" Nicotine is as addictive as “hard” drugs such as heroin . Smokers usually start the habit as children, are addicted to nicotine by the time they are adults, and thereafter the choice to stop becomes an illusion. Thus, although two thirds of smokers want to quit, and about a third try each year, only 2% succeed."

1 Like

My mother ate all of her paste the first week of first grade. That probably explains a lot about me.

2 Likes

I’m waiting for paste version 14X to come out before I upgrade.

1 Like

I lived most of the first 2 years of my life in a cardboard box. My siblings drug me from room to room. In many of my early memories (yes, I remember being 2 years old) I have a a horizontal line with cardboard on the bottom half and whatever I was looking at on the top. I’ve never felt as secure in my life as I did in that box

BTW - this wasn’t abuse. I wanted it that way!

1 Like

I trapped my nephew in a cardboard box just last week.

I asked him how he enjoyed being trapped forever.

2 Likes

The twist: There was no nephew, it was his feelings the entire time.

:rofl:

I like to go real-dark real fast. Like this poem:

Little Birdie in the sky,
Has no wings,
Can no fly…
Splat.

2 Likes

My feelings are all outside the box.

Although it is cathartic to trap them and set them on fire.

3 Likes

Nice usage of rage-fuel!

2 Likes

Like a one winged dove

1 Like

And I don’t have to recycle so it’s a win win.

2 Likes