Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 8)

I agree. I wonder how many good ideas have been lost due to emotional responses?

Eventually Edison stopped listening to Tesla. I always attributed to his jealousy.

3 Likes

Has anyone here read The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance? It’s a constructive attack on the myth of objectivity in science. Awesome book. Formative to my view of science specifically and objectivity in general.

2 Likes

I read it trying to fix a stuck carburetor and it didn’t even help me at all.

1 Like

He does discuss loose handlebars.

1 Like

I’ve given that book to a lot of ppl graduating high-school and college. Best read with an open and active mind.

1 Like

Yeah but what about my carburetor?

But yes interesting read.

2 Likes

Have you tried Seafoam? I love it for anything fuel system related!

1 Like

Pretty sure if you can find an owner manual from the 70s it’ll tell you how to adjust your carbs. And not like today’s manuals that tell you not to drink the fluids that are in the bike.

2 Likes

I’ll drink whatever fluids I like I don’t care what the manual says.

2 Likes

Stabil is much better.

Read the warnings for an electric blanket once. It basically said don’t lay under it and for God’s sake don’t plug it in!

1 Like

I’m just kidding. I sold my motorcycle a little while ago. It was too much maintenance.

1 Like

Antifreeze actually does taste good (no bull). I can taste why animals drink it.

3 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

My wife’s cousin lost an eye wrecking one, so I promised her I wouldn’t ride. I have been 130 mph on one. Someone pulled out in front of me. They probably pooped their pants when I went around them

1 Like

10 Likes

7 Likes

I’ve had my share of scrapes, some serious, and I was very fortunate to walk away.

2 Likes