Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 1)

The Day the Penis asked for a Raise

I, the Penis, hereby request a raise in salary for the following reasons:

I do physical labor.

I work at great depths.

I plunge headfirst into everything I do.

I do not get weekends or public holidays off.

I work in a damp environment.

I work in a dark workplace that has poor ventilation.

I work in high temperatures.

My work exposes me to contagious diseases.

Sincerely,

P. Niss

The Response

Dear Penis:

After assessing your request, and considering the arguments you have raised, the administration rejects your request for the following reasons:

You do not work 8 hours straight.

You fall asleep after brief work periods.

You do not always follow the orders of the management team.

You do not stay in your designated area and are often seen visiting other locations.

You do not take initiative - you need to be pressured and stimulated in order to start working.

You leave the workplace rather messy at the end of your shift.

You don’t always observe necessary safety regulations, such as wearing thecorrect protective clothing.

You will retire well before you are 65.

You are unable to work double shifts.

You sometimes leave your designated work area before you have completed the assigned task.

And if that were not all, you have been seen constantly entering and exiting the workplace carrying two suspicious-looking bags.

Sincerely,

V. Gina

8 Likes

6 Likes

Figured out what this is… Rotary valve intake system on a 2 stroke. Someone else posted it in another group I am in, and they had a great explanation of it. Seems like a lot of people who owned / worked on Corvairs have seen the belt system before as well. They were the dicks making fun of the others “Guess ya never worked on a corvair then”. YEAH dickmunch, I haven’t worked on a Corvair, because I prefer to waste my time on REAL sportscars from the 60s, not your air cooled monstrosity!

2 Likes

What y’all know about Copycat Genetics?

hey man! take a look at the CCGenetics thread

2 Likes

Natural swimming pools or ponds are filtered organically rather than by chemicals.

8 Likes

Sea slugs. These soft-bodied marine mollusks have more than 3,000 species.

4 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

6 Likes

I built a number of swim ponds when I worked for a pond company. The neat thing about them is you don’t need to fence them in like a swimming pool as they are a “landscape feature”. Ours were a bit more natural looking though. But just as crystal clear. Those look like perfect “Dog Pools” for your dogs to enjoy as well. (we built a pond once, JUST for the homeowners dogs (they had no kids). So it was extra underliner ON TOP of the liner, and extra thick gravel layer so they didnt make leaks by digging. I kid you not, a “dog swim pond”… I have an 11x16 koi pond here that has 3 “seats” made from rock placement if you wanna sit in it and cool off… And the koi swim right up to you and even eat from your hand…

Nudibranchs! (divers love the play on words - I saw a nudi!) Some are bigger than your hand, some are tiny as a grain of rice. In Cozumel there are Painted Elysia, tiny little buggers, the size of a grain of rice, but SO freaking colorful for their size. Its funny, but I point out my Gemini traits all the time here. I love to look for the smalls / micro critters, yet I film in spherical (aka, ALL around you), like the most “macro” you can get. No happy medium ROFL

Christmas Tree Worms on Porites coral (well, bored into it). These guys can provide LOTS of entertainment. You ever see Avatar when Jake is running thru the forest, hitting things that look like these, then they retract in a tube? Yeah, James Cameron is a big diver / fan of the ocean, and took MUCH inspiration for the critters on Pandora from the reefs. These little guys do the same thing when a shadow passes over them, you get too close, or, as I like to do, snap your fingers near them, they all retract in a millisecond. Fun fact: when the worm dies, its empty burrow hole usually becomes a home to small fish. LOVE finding tiny blennies in them just looking out at you. Not big, maybe 1/4" holes, but cute and always swaying, like he’s trying to get an angle on you.

9 Likes

11 Likes

Creepy little gremlin. What the heck is it? On the hands it looks like opposable thumbs, which rules out a dog. Pug x Monkey? LOL

3 Likes

It looks like a garden ornament that is cast in resin. I don’t think it is real or alive.

3 Likes

its pretty damn realistic! Reminds me of the pug from Men In Black.

5 Likes

6 Likes

@Slick1 's Grandma…

7 Likes

10 Likes

12 Likes