Oaxhacan. Seed run

Thanks top :+1:

2 Likes

just one up so far another is poking through. Now I’m concerned that I should of soaked them first grrr. I’m never certain on my germination technique. Some people just put them directly in soil without soaking them and let nature take its course other say to soak them it’s so confusing if you guys could chime in give me your two cents that would be awesome.

23 Likes

I would have soaked them first either in a cup of water or into a soaked paper towel. You could put some wrap on top of your pots to create a dome if you want. Direct sow does work just not my preferred method

6 Likes

patience, grasshopper.

8 Likes

I have them in a nanodome

3 Likes

Just gettin in to landraces so I’ll just kick back and watch!! :v:

3 Likes

Looks promising. You popping them now?
I soak in a peroxide wash if the seeds are not reproductions or if they come from outdoors. Otherwise i don’t.
Planted in soil works great for landraces.

6 Likes

Good idea.

6 Likes

Damnit outta likes. But definitely gonna watch this one. Been super curious about the oaxacan.

6 Likes

unfortunately folks I only had three pop. However we will make the most of it and if I don’t have a male I will self a chosen lady . I mean I only have three survivors and one is barely holding on

21 Likes

That little guy may need some more dirt underneath it. I don’t know why but stalled sprouts seem to appreciate a deeper soil. It’s worth trying. If you dump it out and do not see a tap root it just has low vigor.
Looking forward to seeing these a bit bigger and seeing how the width of the leaves develop

10 Likes

I can second that recommendation. I did this recently with one of my Oaxaca runts and now it’s as big as all the other Oaxaca’s.

7 Likes

If you take cuttings i GUARANTEE there will be Oaxaca pollen you could get from someone at some point over the next 6 months. So keep that in mind if you don’t get a male and female. I’ll surely have some.

15 Likes

Good to know upstate :+1:

3 Likes

here’s an update on the three survivors folks. The big plant in the one gallon has some fat leaves for a sativa . We shall see​:blush::seedling:gonna transplant the two smaller plants into one gallons

25 Likes

Yeah, those don’t look like the Oaxaca that I grew. Those look very hybridized. Not to say it may not be fire, but it just doesn’t have that sativa look. Some can start like that and show more sativa as it grows, so who knows. They’re beautiful plants! peace

Here’s what the ones from @Upstate and Cryptic Labs looked like for me…

34 Likes

Where did you pick up your Oaxacan? I have a pack I really want to pop.

5 Likes

It came from @Upstate and the got them from Cryptic Labs. It’s a great plant with loud terps and easy growing. It’s just a slow motion rider, for sure. It’s very worth it though.

13 Likes

Thanks gman. It was really good smoke

3 Likes

Here’s the IBL Oaxacan I’m seeding up now.

35 Likes