Octopot Grow System

I use the 6 gallon Octopots I run 5 of them I also use pro mix in mind
They are the best system I’ve ever used.
I recommend them highly
Paps

19 Likes

how big is your grow area for 5 of the 6gal pots, im working with 4x4

2 Likes

I got no complaints on the few runs I’ve done ,got a buddy running 4 under a couple led lights pulling 20 plus oz

4 Likes

Post up some pictures once you get going .

2 Likes

will do, waiting on my tax money so i can snag them up.

4 Likes

I run the 6 gallon Octopots as well. The 18" square base prompted me to upgrade my 4x4 tent to a 5x5. That allows me to run 9 at a time instead of 4 - although I’ve never crammed the tents that full.

I absolutely love the Octopots. Growing the same strain, same lights, same nutes, side by side the ones in Octos significantly outperform the ones in regular fabric pots. They’re also easier to manage since the plant “waters itself” and you just have to top off the reservoir every week or so.

You water once through the top when you first transplant into the Octopot. After a few weeks the roots work their way down to the rez. Growth then explodes!

2 weeks

4 weeks

6 weeks

Those pics were taken in a 4x8. Three Octos across took up more than half the tent…

26 Likes

I’ve run the octos also. Robust fast growth. I’ve pulled pound-20zips a plant with too much veg. My next run will not veg so long😀. IMHO they mimic hydro with much less picky care. Almost miss phing the water…they seem to grow themselves. With a big plant they will drink lots of water so maybe a thought to plant size if going with the 3 gallon size. Get a submersible pump and use a big mixing container if not getting the auto fill setup.

7 Likes

Appreciate the response, after thinking it over last night I’ll grab 9 of the 3gal pots. Sure with the 6gal you get more root zone and less watering. But I kinda enjoy the watering, gives me a reason to watch over things for a hour or so. I was originally going to go with the fabric pots but once I get some money I’m going to snag these up.

5 Likes

Have you read through jetdro’s couple runs he posted while back? I mimicked his runs and played with the foreward growing. Timing is pretty important when you put your clone/seedling into the octo and they seem need support. The big ones I grew were vegged outside. I like trying new things and these have been the easiest. They will handle high heat and bugs don’t seem to mess with them the way the top portion of soil stays dry. Good luck and I’ll help any way I can.
Edit: the rez size of mine is 6 gallons and the fabric sleeves are too I think. With three gallons rez might have to water daily. Wont kill them to let rez go low ie empty but definitely will slow them down.

8 Likes

Those things are pretty nice. Got a nice name. :grin:

2 Likes

I just dug around at old posts, and I’m def getting one. I’m hoping to get it before I have to flip the plants into the larger pots.

1 Like

We’ve got #octopots tag so check that out :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Thanks joe!

2 Likes

You guys are horrible…lol All these years ive been happy in 2 gallon pots in buckets…and now I am ordering one of these, an 8 pot 6 gallon setup…lol

16 Likes

about 460$ later :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: 2 gal pots in 5 gal buckets sounds like the same deal but cheaper :octopus:

6 Likes

I have 4 in my 4 x 4 tent and 1 in a 2 x 2 tent

They are the only system that’s let you set and forget

Constant feeding is the way to the larger yields

5 gallon rule less watering time

This is my 6 or 7 th run with them and I feel it’s the only way to grow

Paps

15 Likes

Ohhh, you’d be supprised…I have Monsters growing in 3 gallon hempy buckets!

11 Likes

At least with the 3 gal you’ll feel like your actually needed by your plants 6 gal I could see forgetting your actually growing anything .
talk about litfa that’s the octopot concept water it and forget it for a few days .

9 Likes

Exactly @ShiskaberrySavior I agree :100: %

@Syn Some people feel that the 6 gallon bag is too big you can use a 3 gallon or even a smart pot also

I see a big difference in root development they get larger large roots = large plants

Lately I’ve been just transferring plants into them rather then transplanting rooted clones to me it saves time and I still have impressive yield

Stop by your more then welcome

[and](file:///t/paps-runs-bog-lefthanded-seeds-orange-goji-oregon-huckleberry-and-useful-seeds-octopot-style/38890)

24 Likes

Well they are all 6 gal bags as default now. The onlt thing that changes is the base, which is a 3 gal tank or a 6 gal tank. 18x18x6 ends up being roughly 7.6 gallons of liquid.

Got any pix?

5 Likes