Octopot Grow System

Anyone ever run this system?

15 Likes

I think @ShiskaberrySavior and @Papalag might… if I remember right lol

3 Likes

I’ve done the pots but not the auto fill system

3 Likes

i was thinking about giving it a go, from waht they promote it sounds legit, the only thing that scares me is the fact the water just sits in the bottom of the pot.

@ShiskaberrySavior how did it work out for you, just the pots. What did you have to do different for Ph and Nutes?

2 Likes

Not a issue at all with water in the pot it gets drank quick once the roots hit the bottom.its almost like auto pilot growing in them trouble free.

8 Likes

sounds like ill need to grab a few and give it a run. I want to get the 3gal ones because they are 12x12 and i could use my tent fully, instead of the 18x18 which would cut my plants i could have by half.

i just dont know if the 3gal will be enough come flower time.

2 Likes

I used promix for the medium ph at 6.0 feed between 500/700 ppm I’ll see if I can find a picture.

2 Likes

it says to use specifically 60% high quality soilless mix with 40% perlite.

idk if promix has that 40% or not and if i would need to add more.

chaching!
Untitled

5 Likes

I used the hp version so it was enough. That’s a fastbuds auto in the octopot.

21 Likes

looks great, you running the 3 gal pots or the 6 gal?

1 Like

3 gal I was impressed we had some extreme heat no slimy roots or build up in the res I covered the pot with a sun shield cut to fit 100 degree days it was like bath water in the reservoir.

6 Likes

damn mark me impressed. Yea this will be the next thing i get.

im going to grab 4x 3 gal pots and 4x 6 gal pots, ill veg in the 3, and go with a scrog with the 6 gal pots.

ill have a rotating stock 4 plants veg 4 plants flower.

since one of the selling points is easily pulling one plant from a 3 gal and placing it in the 6 gal

edit: when you did the initial water, did you water the soil to the point of runoff on the bottom or just add a little bit?

2 Likes

Your final yield will improve drastically and you can grow some monsters in them . There should be some other pictures there’s quite a few that were running them .

3 Likes

yeah ill have to dig around and look.

1 Like

The size difference is in the pot not the Rez there all approx 4 gallon.6 gal of medium you could grow trees :deciduous_tree:

3 Likes

dont all the bags default to 6 gal, which can be use in the 3gal rez or the 6 gal rez

3 Likes

No you’ve got that backwards it’s the medium size your referring to the res are all the same size. Yes the pot size 3or 6 fit the one bottom .

2 Likes

thats what i mean by 3 gal 6 gal

3 gal has a footprint of 12x12x6

6 gal has 18x18x6

7 Likes

That option wasn’t offered just the bag size difference so my mistake. Makes more sense bigger res for the more medium I’ve had mine a couple years now .

3 Likes

sall good, just trying to understand their offerings and your experience.

1 Like