OG Website Feature Wish List

Has anyone asked about being able to delete messages

1 Like

Lol. Dude, Iā€™ve had that happen so many times, too. :joy: Itā€™s a rolling ball, so each ā€œlikeā€ has its own separate timer.

3 Likes

is anyone else noticing a sudden wave of new users posting single words or short nonsensical phrases with no punctuation?

Whatā€™s the deal? it kinda fucks with the site. I always enjoyed the fact that we donā€™t have to scroll through spam and endless shitposting on overgrow.

do we have a robot problem?
seriously some of this this sounds like bad voice dictation software or the kind of nonsense that an ai will spit out, is there even a human involved?

Does overgrow need a Turing Test feature?

Is there any way we can encourage some level of responsible self censorship to keep people from posting crap, gibberish, or one word replies?

8 Likes

I wish the search feature could be improved. If I search for ā€œFlowā€ I get results for ā€œflower.ā€

I often have problems like this. Is there a way to search for the full word instead of just the letters, wherever they appear on the site in that combination?

On a search engine it would give me results for the exact search term ā€œflowā€ if you put the term in quotes, but that doesnā€™t work here.

3 Likes

I would like to see the Overgrow.com Awards return. Looked like a fun thing and the last one was for 2019 :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is actually here: 2020 Overgrow.com Awards :slight_smile: (now renamed to fit better)

3 Likes

Oh man, I missed that one. Thanks @LemonadeJoe , I really loved the 2019 one, it gave me links to great stuff I had not seen due to it being older. Now I can go check out the 2020, much appreciated. Off to do some reading :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I would like to see overgrow members numbers at the top of the screen. I think the old overgrow had it and if Iā€™m not mistaken it was over 200,000 before it got taken down.

1 Like

You can see some stats in the Badges pageā€¦

4 Likes

As well, I could be wrong - but I recall it being between 300k & 350k. The last number I seem to recall is 326,000, but that was around 6 months before the server seizures.

Based on the badges, as pointed out by LJ, weā€™ve had 5048 ā€œBasicā€ members. There have obviously been more ā€œNewā€ members, but only LJ or other Admin have access to that data at this point.

Considering that a bunch of people lurk here to research, gawk and dream without opening an account, I would love to see a stat page showing the total number of unique daily visitors. That would be a great way for us to see how much steam the site is gainingā€¦or losingā€¦but probably gaining. Maybe put it in the Private Lounge if that info isnā€™t something LJ wants the world to easily see.

3 Likes

I am just wondering if it might be possible to add a " night mode" to the site?
By night mode I mean the ability to darken the background .

7 Likes

i got a plugin for firefox called night reader. it works with most sites

2 Likes

I would also love this and hate the bright white lightbulb theme.

2 Likes

You may want to post this in here @Greenhighlander , that way you can guarantee LemonadeJoe sees it.

3 Likes

Thanks man. TBH I didnā€™t even look to see if a thread for this stuff already existed.

1 Like

No worries, hard to keep up on every thread. I just know Joe monitors that one so it will get you an answer quick.

1 Like

Not sure if your computer has the option in your browser, but my cellphone has the dark mode option in website settings. Everything for me is in dark mode lol

4 Likes

At least in Chrome itā€™s available ā€¦ :sweat_smile:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-mode/dmghijelimhndkbmpgbldicpogfkceaj?hl=en

5 Likes

I use dark mode in my Samsung and it works for OG on my phone too

4 Likes

High contrast mode on my phone works well for killing the bright background.

1 Like