(complete) OGer, the Encore

I topped the ogers I grew last year, they didn’t stretch much, I don’t think the plants got above 30 inches in total height.

8 Likes

Looks like I topped it once, it’s got four nice size colas and a couple side branches. Not a big stretcher With my setup I run 2 315 watt CMH in a 4x8x8 tentso I strip the bottom third of the plant and strip the bottom third of every branch that I leave on then so that I can get some decent size buds it’s grown in organic soil it was subs recipe and I’ve been reusing it for a year and a half :sob: it’s so hot. Going to try LC’s mix as soon as this stuff stops preforming which is getting close. :dash::dash::v::sunglasses::canada:

10 Likes

@Shadey @Canofbusjoe thanks for the replys sounds like an excellent sea of green strain

4 Likes

Do you have some photos with the whole plant?
Lets check out that structure! :+1:

{edit} How did you grow it?

Cheers
G

13 Likes

When the lights come on this morning I’ll wash her face (pluck some dead leaves) and pull her out for some photos :joy:

5 Likes

Okay I decided not to take off all the dead stuff so you can see how she’s finishing. She’s never ever really been happy in my subcools super soil mix, it was so hot I’ve been reusing it for a year and a half it’s finally running out of steam. I want to go back to LC’s mix (basically this). I used this 15 years ago the first time I tried to grow. I forgot all about it till @ReikoX reminded me :grin:
Looks like I topped it around the 5th node and I think I vegged them for around a month they were close to 3 ft tall in the bucket when I put them into flower only around 4.5ft tall now. In 3 gal pots. And as you see I stripped most of the bottom.
:dash::dash::v::sunglasses::canada:

25 Likes

Thanks for posting that! It’s cool comparing the structure, she a big lanky girl!
50% stretch that’s good to know. Manifolding them you loose that important bit of info. :+1:

The purple leaves are very similar to 3 out out 4 of my girls.
I have a fourth that’s a green pheno, no anthocyanin at all, oddly the trichome stems are short, maybe half normal length (compared to the other 3).

What size of pot are you using?
Should I have some yo-yos handy when I grow them out (just topping, no manifold)?

Cheers
G

11 Likes

I’m using three gallon square pots and I don’t know if it’s just me but almost everything I grow I need yo-yos in the end maybe it’s the way I’ve veg I’m not sure.
I had one other pheno she would get red near the end as well but not nearly as much as this one and never grew as big or as nice as this one so I let her go I’ve also smelled grapefruit coming from this one. This time around it can’t really smell any discernible flavor.

3 Likes

Not sure how they compare to these but these look pretty long to me :dash::dash::v::sunglasses::canada:

18 Likes

Second thought you probably won’t need them mine will stand on her own it’s just every time I go in there and bump her it kind of weakens the stem and she starts falling over a bit if there was more plants and around her she wouldn’t have a problem.

6 Likes

I hope that you have a great grow and I have been trying to locate some critical mass and haven’t been able to find it and that critical 2.0 sounds awesome here’s to continued good grow vibes the Doc

4 Likes

Thanks Gonzo, I appreciate that!

I dusted a couple of the Critical’s branches with OG Kush pollen to see how it will turn out.
After further research, I found out that that cross has been made before, Critical Kush… :+1: :rofl:
So I guess this will be a recreation? :laughing:

Cheers
G

18 Likes

I’m guessing the other cross was done with the og kush clone not ogers beans so kind of a recreation but different. Then again maybe Barney’s used a feminized og kush bean and reversed it , maybe they actually had a clone somehow but I doubt it. Without knowing it’s hard to say what there line realy consists of. Og kush has always been a clone only strain so once you start selfing your losing genetic material and re arranging what is left. That’s why it was called ogers and not straight og kush , to distinguish between the actual clone and selfed version of it. That’s how the og tag got added in the first place it was to separate it from all the s1s and one offs that were flooding the scene. That dident work long , I’ve seen countless og kush clones at clubs and grown many of them out and non were legit.

17 Likes

She came down today

32 Likes

NICE…

…right NICE…

Great colors and Frosty the Snowman frosty… :+1:

Cheers
G

12 Likes

Only 56 days of 12/12

10 Likes

Definitely agree with you about the frosty goodness! :+1:t2:

6 Likes

Oh Excellent!!

Thanks for that info-gem … (it wasn’t mentioned in the Seedfinder entry)
I’ve been studying the trichome development for a couple weeks now trying to guess that… :rofl:

I kept wondering how the seed production might affect that, relative to growing ‘sensimilla’.

Visually, I’ve watched the progression of ‘clear:cloudy’ change from 95:5 to 50:50(ish), with the odd amber one. That all makes sense as I’m at week 7 today.

Cheers
G

14 Likes

My spreadsheet says 65 days That’s the longest that I’ve let her go but in this new place everything seems to be finished a little quicker, maybe it’s the lower relative humidity. So I would say 55 to 65 days.

11 Likes

Ahhh, slowly catching up here! Ran outta likes many posts back!

Gpaw! You deserve some free soil, you likely just sold them 100yards plus ammendments!!! Shes on cruise control now, we hurry up to get there, then tap our feet til theyre done! Ha, I love watching them stack it on in the final stretch! And those colors, oh my!
Excellent job from post 1 on. And before I forget, I brought donuts cause Im extremely late!!!

Grow4th!!!

18 Likes