Oleskool’s shitkicker grow show

Gooday!

:cowboy_hat_face:

16 Likes

Holy shitkicker. Is that what yet out here doin? Well I’ll be a goddamn monkeys uncle. I’d a been out here with some moonshine eaarlier…beayoutifull! :grin:

3 Likes

These autos are more fun than a box of kittens! They are pretty thirsty and a little heat stressed in the picture. It’s hot here in Texas already. 106 degrees forecast Thursday and Friday.

12 Likes

Rookie mistakes…look at my leaf cupping! It’s pissing me off…reminds me of heat stress like tx. This ladies is sensitive I’m already stressing her…

2 Likes

9 Likes

Very cool area you live is it around the Alamosa area then ? What mountains are they?

2 Likes

I’m right outside Trinidad. it’s 90 miles south of Pueblo and about 10 miles from the NM border, on I-25

Muleskinner is right, those are the Sangre de Christo mountains. The tallest one in our stretch is 14K+ with a few 13K+. The same range continues south into NM and north for a long way and the north stretch is full of 14’ers.

Alamosa is west of that range in the high elevation San Luis Valley just west of the Great Sand Dunes Natl. Park

:fearful: I should rephrase that… My old house and property are about as close to paradise as I can afford to get… better?

It really is, but it depends on what is important to you. We have a lovely community, imo… Maybe mostly poorer people, but boy do they know how to volunteer and help each other out… it’s almost like going back 40 years or more.

So, actually, I really get a kick out of this place for all sorts of crazy reasons… One is no crowds. I’m only 3 hours from Denver, 3 to Santa Fe, NM, 2 to Taos, NM, 2-3 to the heart of the Colorado mountains. We have a State Park and lake here, a river, and beautiful views. It’s pretty dry and very sunny.

For some people it might be boring, but not to me… And, we have a very eclectic population in addition to the Italian, Mexican, Spanish, and native Indian, that came here to mine coal and trade. We’re were a vital last stop along the Santa Fe Trail, before crossing the pass over into what was the Mexican Territory at that time. That’s how the town was formed.

5 Likes

Just have to seal it up then I’m gonna turn on the juice and cut the damn thing loose!

16 Likes

Hell yeah, I love it! Nice job, bro. That’s my kind of ghetto there! Now I want one just because I do.

Do you use ice/dry ice or just cool water? … but, wait! They don’t have cool water in Texas… I forgot… n/m

3 Likes

Block ice. 1 block lasts about 3 hours. Finishing up an attachment to cool inside tent.

6 Likes

nice DIY craftsmanship there! Once it’s 100 degree that thing’s going to melt ice like crazy - do you plan to use dry ice? I wonder if buying dry ice would be cheaper or more expensive than running a regular A/C unit in the space.

*edit - OK, are you going to buy the blocks of ice or make them? So you have to be there every 3 hours when the lights are on?

4 Likes

Yep. I will have to be hands on from 1:00 to 5 pm or so. I’m already starting another one with a 4” reducer on the outlet so I can attach 4” insulated duct to insert in the tent. We’ll see.

6 Likes

Does dry ice provide more cooling or just last longer? I have access to dry ice or block ice. What do you think @Muleskinner?

3 Likes

I made one of those 2 years ago to take camping. Unless you sat 2 inches in front of it, it did not cool anything.
Made zero difference even in a small tent.
Hope yours works better for you!

3 Likes

Hell yeah! :smile: :v:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

yes, dry ice is amazing, I"m sure it would work the best. Don’t know how much it costs. If you do some digging most places have commercial suppliers of it.

hope we’re not digressing too much re: Colorado, @GMan thanks for the info on your area - that is really far out there for Colorado, must be beautiful, it’s almost in New Mexico. I took a trip to this town a few years ago and loved it - super small town though. I think it’s only about 1.5 hour drive from Denver - there are no ski areas nearby so it’s totally noncommercial, unlike Aspen, Breck, etc.:

https://www.buenavistacolorado.org/about-buena-vista/

3 Likes

I’m curious what kind of “fuel economy” you’ll get on the 100+ days-- how much block ice & how often to replenish?

…and temperature & RH effect. :clipboard:

Also-- you could insulate the cooler more with a piece of R-13 fiberglass & some plastic sheeting. :thumbsup:

:nerd:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Excellent! Thanks @cannabissequoia. Done!

2 Likes

Dry ice gives off carbon dioxide in the vapor as it melts. I don’t know if it would be enough to effect the plants but I wouldn’t want to breath it myself. Don’t even touch it with bare skin.

7 Likes

Dry ice it will be. I can get it at the grocery store here. I get about 1lb for what a block of ice costs.

3 Likes