One point 21 gigawatt grow setup. ( back to the future reference)

Candy Cane

Before

After

16 Likes

You’re knocking it out of the park amigo! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Very bad a$$ @Viva_Mexico
There’s…So…many!!! Can’t wait to see how this finish’s out.

2 Likes

They are going in these

11 Likes

Looks like the kind of hard work I love. :grin::wink::sunglasses:

1 Like

Making the clones is my favorite part of the job.
I’ve got some great ideas from your methods over the last year.

3 Likes

Thanks bro!! Another tip When trimming the bottom branches of clone, make sure the bottom branch is always the longest. I try to take a 6-7 inch clone and remove the bottom 3inches. As long as the bottom branch is the longest 3 inches is fine. You can remove up to 5" of bottom mass but it is less effective because it takes a bit longer.

3 Likes

Can you clarify a little, or do you have a picture that shows what you mean?

3 Likes

Glad you asked!!! I was hoping someone would. This is what I have figured out.

1.Mj plants have “short term memory”.
2. The sum of all parts of the plant equals 100%.

1. Short term memory. STM. The plant leaf and stem have the ability to “remember”.I believe it to be
    due to hormones present. Maybe someone can explain the why, I only know from experience and observation. Stm as I say is only a factor when your grow is not good or unhealthy and you want to aide in it’s improvement. Stress is the major factor in causing STM. Overfeed, overwatering etc.

2. I think of plants in %. The whole plant is 100%. Under perfect conditions if i have 10 branches of equal size those ten branches will each equal 10%. Under not perfect conditions the top of the branch will be closer to 100% and the bottom will be lesser thus causing the lower parts of the branches to consume energy that could be better used to the top. The more you remove from the bottom the more the top will grow as everyone knows.

So back to the clone question. When you cut a clone this activates the memory. As a clone roots it starts to lose its memory. Sometimes however it will hold the memory on the lower branches. If the bottom branch of the clone is shorter than the branch above it, it will remain that way. ( Without pruning the top) it will not pass the longest branch and will normally be inferior to he branch above it. You will likely remove it down the line. When you remove it, the other branches will eventually get the % that was being wasted. By starting with the bottom branch being the longest, you will have more focused energy from the get go.

Longer branches from mom’s can produce side branches of all lengths. When trimming the bottom you cut all the way up till the bottom branch of the clone is longer than any branch above it. I am not at the spot, but will take some pictures Monday

12 Likes

That’s genius! Thank you. This is getting added to my “Best practices” file.

Double like.

3 Likes

Brother, I have got to get my hands on whatever it is you are into, :laughing:

2 Likes

This will never die!

99%

3 Likes

eres brillante mi amigo. ¡Una perla que va en el gran libro rojo de conocimiento adquirido de oleskool!

3 Likes

8 Likes

13 Likes

Even when the shorter branches at the bottom are cut and cloned individually they take a lot longer to grow when rooted (if at all) than the larger ones further up.

I think it has to do with whatever the hormone is that causes apical dominance.

In my SoG, I could take 2 cuttings one that is growing vigorously and one that is somewhat stagnant and they will root at the same time but when put into the flower cabinet the slow-growing one will still be slow growing even though it has its own roots and might grow 5cm in flower while the more apical dominant one would grow 50cm.

4 Likes

That is a wonderful sight now let’s watch them grow :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Guys!!! I fucking added too much LITFA. I thought that if a little is good maybe a lot is better. :thinking: But no, more is not better. ,:dizzy_face:Also, I confess I put a little LITFA in my pipe at work just to get a little taste… and it was like a 8 week indica harvested at 11 weeks.

@ReikoX maybe you should add a warning label to the bottle.

So actually what happened was the pump was in a position that caused a non sucking action. A repositioning of said pump and all is well. Today everyone should be fine.

The Litfa part is story is kinda true. I was gonna add clay pebbles to the tray but a friend stopped by so I said fuck it. Do it tomorrow. If I would have done it maybe I would have caught the bad pump alignment before the major wilting.

I didn’t get a pic before I left because it was dark cycle but at least half were back to normal. Here is after the gravel.

11 Likes

From the product page you will find this warning. Maybe I should put it in bold. :grin:

6 Likes

Now he tells us!! :wink:

1 Like