OTUG's Space Odyssey šŸ›ø

Great looking plants as usual man, congrats on the non smoking :+1:

4 Likes

Congrats on quitting smoking!! You got it brother!! :pray: :hugs:
Plants are beautiful!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Thank you for your kind words everyone :pray:

It most certainly was notā€¦
The path I chose on my journey was extremely arduous mentally, but necessary. With the stress of having to move twice and with my wife still smoking cigs, the temptation to just grab one and light it up was there, a couple timesā€¦but I persevered! :grinning: I couldnā€™t have done it without her love and support though, and the love and support from all of you here on OG. Sheā€™s been vaping some too, especially in the car with a nice disposable vape I got her.

Anyone looking to quit smoking cigarettes, I urge you to just keep trying. My lung capacity and taste buds have come back tenfold. Itā€™s the best thing Iā€™ve done for myself the past 20 years. I feel like Iā€™m finally free from the vice grip tobacco had on me. Iā€™m still vaping, but now down to low nicotine 1-3mg/ml max. Wonā€™t be long before Iā€™m at 0mg and finally stop vaping altogether. By next year Iā€™ll be home free! :smiley:

Hereā€™s a few pics from last night of the young buds forming to start your day :grin:

Amnesia Haze x Chocolate Rain

Buddhaā€™s Sister x Cocoa Kush

Meridian Haze

29 Likes

I think understanding what happens when we quit anything is important to success. So I hope you donā€™t mind me putting this here for everyone else as well that are improving their life

Although its not good to put anything except air in our lungs, and nicotine is a toxic nerve poison, they have used it for putting animals to sleep. Its all the other crap in a cig that damages the lungs and trachea.

So long as what the nicotine is in, is less harmful to the lungs when you vape it, your winning the battle.

This is hard for some that are quitting to fully appreciate and not what is advised by the media or tobacco companies that also sell things to help you quit. They promote the idea you have a physical/chemical addiction.

Why would they do thatšŸ¤” because if you believe you have an addiction, you will be less likely to try or achieve success in quitting.

There are no chemically addictive substances in tobacco, its a behavioral, habit addiction, you have conditioned yourself to, allong with a small dopamine reward.

Although studies show tobacco smokers have reduced D2 and D3 dopamine transporters, it still seems this is the primary reward our brains get out of it, apart from taking our minds off our internal anxieties for the time we are smoking.

At least with a chemical addiction you can break it within 3 weeks of abstinence, its the dopamine reward and psychological aspects that are more complex to deal with.

The next part of your programming you need to break is association.

Which is, whenever you reach for the vape look at what you are doing, you will notice either similar behavioral or emotional triggers every time. Once you recognise the triggers its easier to avoid picking up the vape in an unconscious awareness.

Its funny as this shows how powerful our minds and programes are. A lot of people will light up when stressed to relax.

Relaxing is the complete opposite of what smoking a cig does to our mind and body, yet we are able to reverse the biological effect of a cig and actually relax while smoking it :slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

Man Iā€™ve been tryingā€¦ did u just quit cold turkey??

3 Likes

Amazingā€¦ this shall help me while thinking about smoking when I am quittingā€¦ thank you!!

2 Likes

It looks like the pollen I smothered all over the Mango Smile x 24 Carat didnā€™t take :disappointed:

Iā€™m overcome with a feeling I canā€™t explain
WarlikeLimitedLeveret-max-1mb

aff45275-2b78-4ec6-bb19-356bc8494b07_text

I reach into the auto tent to pick out 2 magnificent specimens

Big Yield x Mi5

Fat Banana

And teleport them into the closet with the Spaced Limes female

And the Spaced Limes male

Nothing can overcome the need for seeds!! :joy:

Male plants be like
ezgif.com-gif-maker (1)
:joy:

Have a great day everyone :hugs:

34 Likes

@Oldtimerunderground I love this logā€¦ :grinning: always so cool to head into the unknown with yā€™all

4 Likes

Congratulations! :grinning::+1: Glad you are staying strong. I chewed tobacco for 20 years and quitting that was a true challenge, enjoy the improved health OTUG.

5 Likes

Looking great!

Live long and cultivate.

22 Likes

Definitely the hardest part. Iā€™ve always called smoking a cig at work ā€œlighting a fuse on my breakā€. Itā€™s the perfect few minute timer for a break. I canā€™t even count how many times Iā€™ve smoked just cause I was bored and it was something to do for a few minutes.

I havenā€™t quit yet OTUG did. I have quit cold turkey for like 2 months before though.

9 Likes

Hola Gang

You donā€™t have to quit smoking
You have to change what your smoking.

I switch tobacco for cannabis

Bare

20 Likes

My boss doesnā€™t like me gunning a joint every time I would have smoked a cigarette through the day and on customerā€™s properties. He says after my first smoke break my work ethic goes to hell.

And thatā€™s saying something cause Iā€™m my own boss :laughing:

22 Likes

Man I tried thatā€¦ and it doesnā€™t work for meā€¦ as soon as Iā€™m done w the weed I want a cig very very badā€¦ Iā€™m just going to have to deny myself the ability to smokeā€¦ like donā€™t buy moreā€¦ etc. I mean donā€™t get me wrongā€¦ the plan in that sense is to smoke bud every time I want a cigā€¦ but damn I donā€™t think Iā€™ll get a single thing done otherwise :confused: :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Buy some nice CBD flower and roll up a bunch of doobies. Thatā€™s what worked for me. I still get triggers when partying or drinking, biut weed goes well with those situations.

10 Likes

Same here. It would be very odd to not have a cig after.

4 Likes

As time goes onā€¦ Iā€™m learning to growā€¦ and each day that goes by smoking weed is getting harder and harder to doā€¦ I finally saidā€¦wtf am I doing?!! Iā€™m spending all this time and putting my heart and soul into growing yet I smoke cigs to the point that getting blazed isnā€™t funā€¦ I got to change thisā€¦ I will change thisā€¦ self denial is the key to purity

8 Likes

Too funny man!

9 Likes

You guys should try to quit with - https://www.allencarr.com/easyway-stop-smoking/how-to-quit/
Weā€™ll the book he wrote anyway.

I have at least 5 friends who have quit using his book. I never could get hooked on cigarettes, so I canā€™t vouch for the process, but from what Iā€™ve heard, he has you smoke as much as youā€™d like the whole time your reading the book. Anyway, I have many friends whoā€™ve quit and havenā€™t started again, and itā€™s been 5-6 years for most of them, and theyā€™ll all swear by his book.

13 Likes

Interestingā€¦ I wonder what the trick is there

3 Likes