OTUG's Space Odyssey šŸ›ø

I donā€™t know for sure, but it seems to work well.

3 Likes

You have to accept that you are quitting. Iā€™ll read the book. Shit, smoking cigs gets pricey eh.

8 Likes

I can vouch for that bookā€¦

6 Likes

OTUGā€™s Space Odyssey- and nicotine cessation support group. Free coffee.

Seriously though, you all got this. Stay strong, I believe in you.

10 Likes

OK I want my coffee

5 Likes

The old switcheroo, get rid of one unhealthy habit for a lessor one is a good technique, so long as its not 20 cups a day with sugar :wink:

10 Likes

Lmao I already drink waaaay too much coffee lolā€¦ I went to the siteā€¦ looks like seminars not a book??

4 Likes

I know if I just 1 hit itā€¦ it can workā€¦ so every time you think about a cigā€¦ take a 1 hit out of a bat and boxā€¦ eventually you either get too blazed to careā€¦ get hungryā€¦ or go to sleepā€¦ one way or another it helps misdirectā€¦ which is key I thinkā€¦ but the preparation of knowing whats to come is also a good ideaā€¦ in other wordsā€¦ know there will be withdrawalsā€¦ and prepare for themā€¦ for me weeds been the bestā€¦ but lately its like I canā€™t smoke enough bud to do this lolā€¦

6 Likes

Anyone wanna sell this bookā€¦ no longer use it etc??.

I just turned 46 todayā€¦ need to quit those dirty killers lol

11 Likes

Happy Birthday @Terpsnpurps!! :grinning:

11 Likes

Thanks @Oldtimerunderground !!! Smoke 1 for me with me ! Remember when I didnā€™t know what otug was? Lmao!! Funny sh*t

6 Likes

This is how cool your thread is manā€¦ I spend my bday in itā€¦ :laughing:

8 Likes

Happy birthday Terpsnerps, I wish I was 46 again lol, things would get done a bit different.

You need the right motivation to achieve any goal. Its risk verses reward.

You have to find something that is more important, either getting or losing, than being a smoker.

This wonā€™t help you personally, sorry, but its explanatory.

When my wife smoked she, tried a couple of times but struggled, then when we decided to have a child, I said, you have to quit for 6 months before we try making babies.

She stopped 6 months to the day I said it. She stopped a total of 7 years and was offered a cig at a wedding, and was a bit drunk, unconscious automatic reaction, a year later and back at 15 a day lol.

She smokes on and off now, she knows the risks, I think the stress of not smoking to alleviate her daily life/work anxiety she suffers with would probably kill her at the moment, especially with the house move, and trying to get everything organized in a very short time span, its a nightmare.

8 Likes

Yeah itā€™s the stress and our brainwashed mindsā€¦ like the earlier postā€¦ itā€™s trueā€¦ we brainwash ourselves into thinking it helps make us feel less stress when in fact it causes moreā€¦ thanks @Shadey I appreciate it!! Iā€™m definitely trying to think about how Iā€™m living and how it will possibly limit me in the futureā€¦ hence cigsā€¦ and how long Iā€™ll be able to actually smoke marijuanaā€¦ Iā€™d like to increase the time I can smoke marijuana especially with the effort Iā€™m making to do what we all do hereā€¦ ultimately it has been the sweet green herb :herb: that has done me the most reducing stress and helped me in life itself along the rough journey it can becomeā€¦ 1 thing is ABSOLUTE and that is marijuana has NEVER FAILED ME!!! I think Iā€™m answering my own questionā€¦ I have the motivationā€¦ and the toolsā€¦ lolā€¦ just need the lungs to toughen up :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

I almost broke out in rhyme but just slipped by to say Happy Birthday to the old guy :wink:

5 Likes

There are other options to smoking weed, you can vape, which is less damaging to the lungs and why I swapped to a vape.

Donā€™t cough up and grey black looking crap in the morning now, and I personally think it tastes better from a vape, edibles and tinctures as well.

Some joint smokers will struggle because of the emotional/ritual connection with rolling a joint, especially if you are good at rolling them.

Just keep putting the thought out in the universe, I am a non smoker and free of the desire to use tobacco.

9 Likes

Firewood7 & HealthyRips Rogue, I havnt looked back to smoking in almost a year love tasting the terps

2 Likes

Thanks man!!! Haha I appreciate it !!

2 Likes

For some reason those vape carts make me cough waaaaay more!! I donā€™t know why?? Maybe Iā€™m allergic or something to the fluid?

5 Likes

Iā€™ll check it out. That name rings a bell and I think Iā€™ve heard it suggested in the past. The difference is Iā€™m open to quitting now and wasnā€™t then so itā€™s worth a shot.

Happy birthday gramps! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Same here. I always heard ā€œsmoking kills your lungs, vaping kills you throatā€. Vaping is way harsher to me than smoking.

4 Likes