Pedro's LED Garden 'The good and the bad'

I sorta like the tent for it’s immediate convenience but I would much rather build my own cabinet again.
the holes can go exactly where I want them then and there is heaps less noise from fans etc, the worst part is that a tent just screams “THERE IS MARIJUANA GROWING IN HERE”.

13 Likes

Hey @Pedro_Bann loving the setup Brother! :grin:

How much H202 do you add per Liter? Ill be setting up a top feed system in the next week or so and have been wondering about its application and amounts

2 Likes

@GumbyBuds I dilute mine down to 5% then add 50ml about weekly when I top up (160 litre res).

3 Likes

Ok the H202 I have is pre diluted to 3% so ill figure out the math and add a bit more, thanks for the clarification Pedro

1 Like

The seedlings and some of the clones are 56 days old flowered from day one, so the clones should be ready within the week-ish and 12/12 from seed plants should have about another 4 weeks.

The Res… pretty standard stuff

The in/outlet with a river of roots emerging.

40cm fan and one of the cob setups, the drivers are external to the tent.

another top down shot

Peyote Cookies

Cookies Kush … ( I think, its hard to remember but shots when you take a few at a time)

a 1 Litre bottle for size reference

same with different exposure

Kronocaine x Big Hero

Big Hero (from clone)

Big Hero (from clone) but a few weeks later into the tent.

22 Likes

Do you get any light burn/ bleaching on the main colas since they are growing so close?

Oh and I almost forgot… Looks amaze

2 Likes

there is no light burn but some slight light bleaching in a couple of spots

2 Likes

you should be golden to just add 1ml per litre, i used to add 50ml @ 5% to my 60L res every top up, i just decided to try less this time and seems to be working so far ( at about 1/3 the potency I guess) but the res is only 8 weeks into it’s working life.

4 Likes

Just some pictures… 80 or so clones were cut to be ready for the next run, I’m not doing any straight from seed for the next run.

In the cabinet the 12 from seed plants with very little bottom branch trimming came up with single colas but this lot were crazy.

23 Likes

So I missed reporting A WHOLE GROW, it was a grow I would rather forget anyway. I ran my lights too hard without the needed extraction and in the midst of summer and my reservoir heated up too much = ROOT ROT.

Most of the plants were too far gone before I figured out what the fuck was going on, I did notice the yellowing leaves at the bottom and thought it was a nute lockout with wrong PH so I recalibrated my meter and found it was out by 0.5 in the up direction and i run/ran my nutes at 5.5 and drifted them up to 6.1ish.

So the thinking was that I was running the PH too low and it would now be fixed with the calibrated meter, I also started running the PH at 5.7 just in case of any future fuck-ups… A week later the problem was obviously worse which is when I pulled a couple of pots out and checked the roots… they were tan and the sheaths would pull off when pinched FUCK.

I pulled out all the plants that looked too far gone and started with some Pythoff in the mix and improvements started nearly straight away but at this point, I was 50/50 whether or not to scrap the whole grow and start fresh.

I did keep it running and ended up with a grand total of 10.5oz of bud dried for my birthday as planned but well short compared to the last grow of 29.5oz.

SO everything was washed and sanitised ready for another bout while the buds were drying and a whole bunch of seeds were sprouted and enough room was left for 12 Sour Bubble clones to be interviewed for a mother.
On my birthday I got as drunk as 8 Pirates and forgot to water in the seedlings as their roots were not down to the flood level yet… MOST of them died.

K #1 and #2 were from @Kalgrae … (sorry mate I will get some more in next run)

The flood tray and reservoir equipment is sold and the tent is packed up and will be sold shortly… I am going back to grow cabinets.

6 Likes

I have reverted back to my 2x4 cabinet and have some seedlings and a few clones in there for now.

Sour bubble on the right will be pollinated one way or the other to grab some more seeds (I wont be cloning any more).

19 Likes

Was a nice little read this morning Pedro bro. wishing you better luck this run. Makes for a good read so far your thread

5 Likes

The Sour Bubble males were sorted and one picked out to be a lucky dad ( the one that had the least branching )
a medium defoliation was done on most of the plants and now we just have to wait and watch the magic* happen.

One of the males was put out in the garden to pollinate one of the old mothers that had been put to pasture… might as well grab some seeds from her too.

*any magic will depend on if my bad fuggin luck streak has ended

17 Likes

Wish nothing but the best for you!!! They look good.

9 Likes

I liked and unliked that post a few times because I saw that my like caused you to gain one more green pip.

small things amuse my small mind :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Glad my comment could amuse you lmao And thanks for that extra pip! Come up! Lol

6 Likes

Today the chosen male was separated but I noticed that he had busted a nut already so there might just be a bunch of preflowers that have seeds in them which is ok i guess.

9 Likes

The new T6 Cloudline fan is semi installed.

The clones and the Sour Bubble are starting to flower. The younger seedlings will be a couple of weeks behind.

16 Likes

A few pics at day 20 flower.

Sour Bubble from BOG

some Purple Afghan Kush from Dinafem

15 Likes

Looking good so far dude. Interesting side lighting technique there :grin: :thumbsup:

3 Likes